• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Free Breakfast Yeah!

90AA7324-03ED-490D-9A16-F9C67DD0A896.jpeg
A breakfast list was made. Then the breakfast was delivered. Free! For me it was a biscuit and gravy and it was Free. :eat

The Blue Airhead

Donnie Rice’s blue Airhead. Nice job. I like this type of upgrade and customizing. The bike really has a good look and is still rideable for touring and attending rallies. :thumb

Spencer Bennet’s Outfit

1D6C646B-3DDF-4D15-849D-8B3782F35895.jpeg
Spence is a long time member of the Memphis Rams and a life long motorcycle enthusiast.:wave

DDF0FB70-62ED-4B9F-9536-D4A59F807EDB.jpeg
Arthur V Ormond L & D, McClelland- Kerr Navigation System- Arkansas River-Petit Jean Mountain in the background.

Joe Lyle R1100RS

4C75F2C5-4973-49D7-9B46-F68944EE915B.jpeg
Many years ago I met Joe’s Father John Lyle from Lena, Ms.. John was a rider, I think over 300,000 miles on BMW’s alone. He rode all of North And Central America. He rode alone and in small groups. I loved his stories of riding adventures.

Riding Alone

John told me one of his riding experience’s. He was riding alone and headed to Alaska and was planning to ride north above the Arctic Circle, maybe north to the Arctic Ocean. He stopped to eat some where in Canada along the way. John was a pleasant conversationalist. He struck up a conversation with the local waitress. U ride alone, don’t U get lonely? No, I meet people all along the way, I’m never lonely. John was then back on his way heading north and west to Alaska.

At this time John had retired his R80/7 with over 300,000 miles on the OD, he had moved on to a KLR 650. John was a prepared rider with tools, spares and the knowledge to use them. If I remember correctly John was about 70 years old. Up above the Arctic Circle, he gotta flat tire. John decided to set up camp for the night and repair the flat the next day after a good night’s rest. The next day got busy on the wheel with the flat. He unloaded the bike, got the wheel off. Rested a bit, then got after the flat. Broke the bead on the tire and removed the offending tube with the hole. John carried the proper tube, got it installed. Got the wheel and tire aired up and mounted back up. Loaded the bike up, plenty of time left in the day to head north; John took off. In a short time the tire was flat again. Disgusted, John stopped for the night; he set up camp again. He was exhausted. That night lying in his tent, John said he felt pretty lonely.

After 2 flats in 2 days above the Arctic Circle; John was running low on flat repair supplies so he cut the trip short and headed south. The trip north was cut short; but John just took his trip in a different direction. Glad I hooked up with Joe. Following in his Dad's tire tracks; riding motorcycles; see you at the next rally.:brow

Naturally Beemer Campout 2021

Meeting up with Joe and getting to remember his father John was a real treat. I wanted to thx the active Naturally Beemer members who put in the work to put on the Campout. Looking over the attendees; both members and guests; no doubt the riders are an aging constituentuency. Their were no young riders or children in attendance. We are a group in a slow spiral to a sad ending of non existence.

A week before the Naturally Beemer Campout, I attended the RAMS monthly meeting in Memphis, Tn.. again the Rams members in attendance were the life long members, mostly 60 years and older. I knew most of them have been members for 30 years and longer. The newer members were also in same age group, 60 years plus. No young people in attendance. It’s the aging of membership. Just observation.

JC Blades Amite, La.

One of John Lyles riding partners was JC Blades of Amite, Louisiana. Haven’t heard from him in a while. Any info on JC would be appreciated. Thx

Back