• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Natural State Campout—Morrilton, Arkansas

5/14/2021-5/16/2021
Sponsored by the Naturally Beemers of Arkansas
Cherokee State Park
1 Quincy Park Drive
Morrilton, Arkansas
Contact Joe Barber
501 250 3170
JIMMYJOE@WINDSTREAM.NET

Listed in When & Where MOA

If your looking for a destination or area to ride to and around, this might be it. This could be home base for riding the the Ozark hills, the Ouachita Mountains, and the peaks of the Arkansas River Valley. The campout is a low pressure event and the Naturally Beemers are good hosts. Riding is the center point of this event; so rode and enjoy. :thumb:dance

If I were a first time rider to this area; I think the best ride is to ride the 3 peaks of the Arkansas River Valley. Petit Jean, Mount Nebo, and Mount Magazine. U can’t beat riding to the top of the 3 peaks. I know we all use GPS’s but I really suggest carrying a AHTD State Arkansas highway map. It really works giving a good perspective of where U are and where Ur going. I guess It’s the old school rider in me. I live close to a Ark. Welcome Center in West Memphis, AR.. Every Arkansas trip I would pick up 2 of these maps. One went into the top of the tank bag map pocket, spread out to show as much of the state as possible. The other map went into my big pocket of my Stitch. As I rotated the maps around in the tank bag map pouch and the other one in and out of the Stitch pocket, I usually would wear them out in just one trip. The ladies at the welcome center would just hand me 3 or 4 and smile. Hand some out to Ur friends. The knew me. :brow

A42584B5-5BD7-4F19-A6A5-4E9F131B143E.jpeg
Larger view. Circle is campout local.
The green hilited road to the north is Sweet 16, probably my most favorite road in Ar. The AHTD map is a really good travel resource.

Yea, I like promoting BMW motorcycle riding in Arkansas, because it’s a great place to ride; simple. Like I always say, Ride and Enjoy. :wave

Obscure BMW Part

671FE4B7-AAB7-484A-ADF9-09D5118EECEE.jpeg
Cleaning house, ran across this little item. What? Huh? Then I started smilin. Well, I hadn’t lost it after all. :brow :thumb

The Art of The Motorcycle-Memphis, Tn. 2005

CEE514EF-43AC-4B2C-B872-700A0BCD0EE3.jpeg
9BA7CD44-BE0C-4565-A117-ED4E6DE8C861.jpeg
D1FF1A73-DCA5-4753-89BA-FB7646FB6759.jpeg

Back in 2005 it was a big event in Memphis for any one interested in motorcycles and the history of motorcycles and motorcycle riders.

More Daytona Memorabilia/Junk

Found this ‘96 Bike Week Pocket Guide. Welcome Bikers. Pretty handy, really. Picked it up at Bulow Campgound HQ; hanging with the Space Coast BMW Riders. Actually I may have picked it up at the KOA Store. Carried the Pocket Guide, it’s how I got around; maps, dates, events.
FE8B9A7E-2E77-4624-971B-A9BFA1EFDBCD.jpeg

Heading back north from Daytona Main Street and Race tract; I found Smiley’s Tap. Last stop before the Bulow Campground. My bar of choice.
D68C092E-F807-49F3-A01A-A52C98E637D8.jpeg
Cold beer, out front great view of all bikes rolling in all directions, good music inside, great patio out back. Started meetin’ other riders from Bulow. Home away from home. :groovy:brow Ps Got around great on my own. Good memories:thumb

For the continuous 10 years I attended ‘90-‘99 the Bulow Campground and the Space Coast Riders were a welcome BMW Campground, Rally Site.
6353B274-C2AD-49FF-BB1D-30342F6D59EE.jpeg
4C296354-7DA0-49FA-9D72-982068CECB0E.jpeg
Free coffee with the purchase of the cup. All the pancakes U could eat, cheap.

I know the old hands who camped out at Bulow remember these places. I usually rode the 800 miles to Daytona in one day or a day and half. It was a long ride for me at the end of winter. In Arkansas U can ride quite a bit in winter. The problem is the short daylight hours. Back in the 90’s I lived on my bike. Rode it almost everyday to work and almost every weekend when the weather was even halfway decent. Most of these rides were 50-75 miles max. So doing a 800 mile in 24 was a little tough. So the first day or two I usually hung out close to Flagler; then start branching out to all the happening places. Ah, the good old days of youth. Run a minimum 2 tanks before lunch and 2 tanks after lunch and I had my 800 mile to Dayton in one day.

Back