• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

On the back of the T is a list of those who supported Leo’s Norton build. Ron Wiginton’s name on the top line. I was working at machinist job shop. When Ron hired in. He had worked here before. In fact, he had worked here with my father years earlier. No Norton or any British transmission could hold up to the rigors of drag racing. The best transmissions at this time were coming out of Japan. The Kawasaki Z1 was probably the best. Ron took one and machined it to fit the drag bike. Ron is the best machinist I know. That solved the transmission problem.:thumb.

Do not tach up your Norton and drop the clutch, because that bearing in the transmission will pop threw and roll around on the street. :D

Gotta call the other day from a special friend of mine; an artist who specializes in wood carving. Barry, come by Old Airport Club and see my latest work. Wow, I’m on my way; be there in a few. This guy is good, what am I going to see?

Leo’s Work Shop

Spent the day hanging out with Leo in his work shop. Leo’s neighbor Tom is his right hand man and chief of parts etc. Leo was rebuilding a trans. in a Norton Commando. Tom did the leg work going upstairs into the parts dept. retrieving parts. Neat to see Leo working on a project. Like old times.

The Work Shop

13A815A9-40E3-4560-8D7B-D1E80F08D3CE.jpeg
4CB5D775-BFF3-4F19-9937-8D1010EB0F64.jpeg
24F891AB-9FFF-4ACF-A257-3C532FB9B47C.jpeg
Leo, U have recreated Ur old shop on Tutwiler. Cramped, overloaded, packed in. It’s perfectly cozy; the perfect fit.

Back