• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Aprilia 50cc

Picture 4475.jpg
Cute little bike. Blue tape to cover the glass. Think the bike was at Barbers on the track. Bike was at Marshall's and is owned by Gene Amagliani. Love the Racing graphics. :thumb

Back to Marshall's Garage

Had alittle errand to run back to Marshall's garage.
Picture 4483.jpg
Gene, What happened to your bike?
Just yesterday it was a complete bike.
Picture 4476.jpg
Picture 4493.jpg
Gene said he made a couple of laps and the bike ran perfect. Then it developed a loud distinctive knock. Scared the livin sh-- out of him. Shut it off, brought it home and is now trying to figure it out. :scratch

Marshall's Parts House

Picture 4577.jpg
Waiting for Gene, thought I'd look around the storage dept.
Picture 4502.jpg
Picture 4594.jpg
Marshall is on of my goto guys for used parts. :thumb

Trophys

Gene took off on his scooter on a mission back to his house, Marshall was about half asleep on the patio. I kinda wondered around the garage.
Picture 4583.jpg
Picture 4592.jpg
Gotta a few out and started reading some of the script. I think some as early as '52. Drag Racing, Road Racing, Custom Car Shows, etc. Pretty impressive.

Marshall was the Real Deal

Picture 4584.jpg
Picture 4590.jpg
Picture 4591.jpg
Marshall built all his cars out of his same little shop we're using now and outside on the driveway and patio. Impressive.
He was winning racesand car shows before I was born in '53.

There was another rather large table that was full of trophy's that were in somewhat disrepair. Marshall had them apart and trying to restore them before they were absolutly to far gone. Marshal was winning races and trophy's before I was born, then when I was in diapers. What a guy. The real deal.

Marshall's Toolbox Box

Picture 4603.jpg
Picture 4604.jpg
Tools gathered up at the end of the day. If Marshall gives me a hard time, I'll threaten to put away his tools. It's like Fred Sanford with his hand over his heart with a heart attack. Marshall I'm on my way over to put those tools away. Help! Help! Somebody call an ambulance, he passed out on the floor. Just kidding Marshall. Take your nitro glyserene and sit down. Yikes. :)

Al Robinson's Garage

Left Marshall and headed over to Al Robinson's to see Al and Ron.
Picture 4605.jpg
One of Al's buddy from the racing days.
Picture 4527.jpg
Cool old Chevy Truck
Picture 4607.jpg

Back