• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Left the restaurant and headed west to see the Mississippi River, old Big Muddy. Saw some bikes.

IMG_3694.jpg
Somebody has really good taste.
IMG_3693.jpg
R1100RS

IMG_3696.jpg
This barge was big and moving south really fast. I mean really fast.
IMG_3701.jpg
IMG_3703.jpg
The waves off the screw drives pushed everyone back up the steps.

I just love checking out fine furniture stores, the smell of new leather and upholstery is an acquired taste.
IMG_3708.jpg
Nice looking store, let's go in and check it out.:)

Just teasin. The store is owned by the Hutson family. The bike is owned by a buddy, Jeff Hutson and I knew it was there. Nice bike for sure and looks good in any venue.
IMG_3717.jpg

We have the Sultana Museum in Marion. My buddy Rosilyn Reynolds is the de facto head of the museum. She's been wanting to visit some of the Civil War venue's on the Mississippi River. We hooked up for a little trip north of Memphis along the Mississippi River to Tipton County to Fort Randolph, Fort Pillow, and Covington, county seat of Tipton County.
IMG_3750.jpg
IMG_3752.jpg
IMG_3762.JPG

Down the hill is the powder magazine. Too much greenery to get a pic. I've been down there inside the magazine a couple of times in the past. Now is not the right time. Chiggars will eat me alive, may go back this winter and get some pics.:)

IMG_3753.jpg
Period Map
IMG_3755.jpg
John's Boat Dock at the bottom of the hill at Randolph. This is a popular Biker hangout on weekends. I've ridden here many times. :thumb

IMG_3774.jpg
The Town had Halloween and fall festival decorations all over the town square. Very festive, I should have took more pics. :)

Rosalyn said she was in for heading over to Ft. Pillow, 10-4; back to the river.
IMG_3775.jpg
IMG_3777.jpg
IMG_3778.jpg
Over the years, the river has moved away from the fort.

Back