• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

I learned a lot about Husqvarna, stuff I never knew before. Very important stuff, most likely I've already forgotten. If I remember correctly Sweden was somehow connected to the parent company. Just teasin.

Winter Blau Continuem

Next week it's Robin Richardson's garage. Robin will probably be painting the frame, subframe, and associated parts of my Classic Bavarian Bagger bike this spring. I'm hoping.

On the Oilhead thread the were having a discussion on replacement mufflers. I gotta a muffler out, took pics to add to the discussion. I liked looking at it, because of the complexity of it.
IMG_0651.jpg
IMG_0658.jpg
IMG_0652.jpg
Back in the day, I worked in a lot of area's of manufacturing, and a lot of that was in working in metal. Just looking at that one exhaust piece with all the shapes, forms, bends, welds, etc,q quite impresssive. Just the drafted out prints of that one piece and the process sheets of it's assembly would be over the top. I'm just an old factory guy. :)

Back over 20 years ago I was hangin with hot rodders, road and drag racers; everything was about going faster. I fell under their bad influence. You know the old saying, your known by the company you keep. Any way I ditched the oem system for a Staintune system and a aftermarket fuel and air system. Got that good sound, thought I was brilliant. Now that I have grownup and matured into a mature adult, would I do that again. You bet, in a heartbeat! :dance:thumb

BMW has now solved that problem for adult men going thru their 2nd childhood by coming out with the S1000XR. Gotta hand it to BMW to staying on top of the needs of their core buying base. :thumb:)

Reynolds Rack #271

IMG_0659.jpg
IMG_0660.jpg
Standard Reynolds Rack for '74-81. Not for the bikes with seat cowls. It has the 5 point mounting system like the hinged rack already featured. This one is slightly bent out of shape, but a little work will bring it back into use.

IMG_0666.jpg
IMG_0667.jpg
Bag mounts #670 for same bikes. The general structure is more sturdy than the BMW racks. These need to be rchromed before use.

Wally Wages Garage

The Wendsday night get-to-gather was at Wally Wages garage. Very early Honda's were the featured bikes. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. The old Honda ad. :)

Winter Blau 4

Went to another Winter Blau event, this one in Arlington, Tn. at Shane
IMG_0685.jpg
'32 H/D Flathead; Harley's were the featured bike.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 117
Back