• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

I turned my attention to the GSPD. My smile was from ear to ear. Pulled the big PD out. Fired it up and I was off and riding. It was like a magic carpet ride, that bike was over the top. People stared, what the hell is that. I didn't care,I knew what it was. It was nirvana, perfection on two wheels. I felt like the king of the world. It was everything the big H/D wasn't and never could be. The Harley was a good beer, the BMW was fine wine. I preferred the fine wine, it was an easy call. So when I saw that guy on the PD, the memories came rushing back. :thumb:thumb

IMG_0981.jpg
IMG_0982.jpg
At the end of the day, I'd lock up the shop. Get on my R90/6 and ride to the Biker Bar. Get a cold bottle of Bud and sit back and look at it, while I thought about my day of riding. Pretty good day of riding. Then I'd slowly start looking at my 900cc of pure bliss. What a bike. Neither the Harley or the PD could really touch it in it's pure riding pleasure. 200,000 miles. I can't remember all the rides, runs, rallies, it carried me on. My favorite bike of all time. :thumb:thumb

IMG_1691.jpg
This guy had a smile to die for.
IMG_1779.jpg
Here's the reason, it's the rarely seen /2 Low Seat model. Perfect fit for the vertically challenged. :thumb

Mid 30's Ford Auto

IMG_1801.jpg
IMG_1802.jpg
IMG_1800.jpg
Saw it at Mischlers BMW. I think you copied the horns off my R90. Good choice, I don't mind copycats.:)

Y'all Remember Pin it to Win it

IMG_1327.jpg
Pin the bike on the race track
IMG_1328.jpg
IMG_1334.jpg
Good people, funny game. Most of the dealers are pretty interesting and their all a little different. Cool. :)

Just noticed the rear rack of the bike in the last pic.
IMG_1353.jpg
R80ST A bike too cool for school.
IMG_1326.jpg
Yep, a famous unknown bike.

Yes, these Bikes look nice as static machines. They are much nicer as moving works of arts being ridden and enjoyed by new owners. :thumb

My plan was to head over to Beale Street and take some pics of all the bikes that turned out for Bike Nite. But rain and the chance of thunderstorms nixed that plan. :violin :banghead

IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1562.jpg
One of the dealers, BMW bar. They used it as a parts distribution center. Thought that was a little different. Kinda seemed a little odd. But, why not; most of the time that little area is absent of customers. At least it was getting some use. Oh, well. :)

Was on Beale Street last night for Bike Nite. Was there for the 1st Bike Nite this year. I've been gone most of the year on the road. Pretty warm last night. Will probably go back this fall when it's a little cooler.

Back