• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Summer 2011 ride

goldsbyw

Hi All I am new to this forum, but thought I would post an idea and see if I could make it happen. I ride a R1200GS and am planning a trip mostly by road to Prudhoe Bay AK this summer. I have off from the 2nd week in June to the middle of August ( I teach school in Florida) If I could find someone to share the ride with me I would like to ride out to New Mexico and pick up the Great Continal Divide trail and ride it up through Canada then head up to Alaska and on to Prudhoe Bay. This is only an idea at this stage but I have the time the bike and the skills to do a trip like this I just need riding buddies. About the skills I race dirt bikes Cross Country with AHRMA and a local club, FTR in Florida. Any one in the same boat I am in please give me a call 772-708-7172 or e-mail at
goldsbw@palmbeach.k12.fl.us my name is Bill Goldsby :banghead

What a great way to spend a summer. Unfortunately, I will have to retire before I can get that much summer at a stretch. With some planning (about 12 months ahead) I might be able arrange time either running into the summer, or running out into the fall. As the trip sounds like it will be quite long, possibly some of the other riders might be able to join up for portions of the trip. Sounds great. Enjoy it
Ross

Hi Bill,
My wife and I are planning to leave for Alaska on June 25 from Edmonton, Alberta for 3 weeks. If you need a pit stop your are welcome to stop by and if we meet on the road we could share some miles together and stories.

Garry :ca

Hi Bill,
My wife and I are planning to leave for Alaska on June 25 from Edmonton, Alberta for 3 weeks. If you need a pit stop your are welcome to stop by and if we meet on the road we could share some miles together and stories.

Garry :ca
Thanks for the invite as it gets closer to summer and the trip firms up I'll let you know it I'm going to be around Edmonton when you are home. Thanks again Bill

Back