• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Should I run wires on left side or right side?

T

Toadmanor

When running wires for various items (GPS, Radar Detector, Autocom, etc) does it matter if I run them from the front of the bike to various areas under the seat along the left or right side?

I seem to recall something about running them down one side in particular and never the other side. I cant recall if I actually did read this, if so where, and what reasoning was.

Alternately, I may have just dreamed it up.

Anyone know about this?

I ran the wires for my Garmin down the left side. Can't remember why now, but it must have been more accessible than the right side........

+1. Left side has more room and more easily accessible on an RT and probably for most other hexheads/camheads. Once you pull the tupperware and tank off you will see the natural route.
Good luck.
Chris O

I recently install some P3 lights and ran the wire down the Right Hand Side.

Admittedly the wires were thin, but I did pull a spare wire through (for future use) at the same time.

Removed the RHS plastic, but not the tank.
Pushed a wire coat hanger through with a drawer string attached.

Very easy and had plenty of room to work on up front in tapping into the front park light wire.

So I would consider the RHS a viable option.

But whatever suits.

Sounding to me as if this is all about personal preference. Nothing at all to do with you better never, ever run them down the (left or right side) because **^$%&%&.

Thanks to all.

Back