• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Local ride maps will be available in the Info Booth

JohnRBeeson

The BMW Riders of Oregon have put together 6 rides out of Redmond, three to the west and 3 to the east. Each has a brief written description of the route. The loops are placed on two maps and will be printed front and back of one sheet. So you have 6 routes on one piece of paper. Having an Oregon Hi-way map is still recommended.

These routes are what we feel are the "pick of the litter". They certainly aren't only choices to pick from.

Stop by the Info Booth and talk to local riders for more detailed info on the area.

Friday and Saturday morning I'll be in a Security golf cart, feel free to stop me and ask away. I love riding (and talking) in this area.

John Beeson

Gravel/off road

Thank you so much...just what I was hoping for. I was also hoping to get some help finding a few gravel/off road routes. Any suggestions?

Jeff Bowles
Ripley, WV

Awesome!

Is there a description of what you see? I heard there were some beautiful very tall bridges along one route... Can't wait!

Amb's First timer booth

The BMW Riders of Oregon have put together 6 rides out of Redmond, three to the west and 3 to the east. Each has a brief written description of the route. The loops are placed on two maps and will be printed front and back of one sheet. So you have 6 routes on one piece of paper. Having an Oregon Hi-way map is still recommended.

These routes are what we feel are the "pick of the litter". They certainly aren't only choices to pick from.

Stop by the Info Booth and talk to local riders for more detailed info on the area.

Friday and Saturday morning I'll be in a Security golf cart, feel free to stop me and ask away. I love riding (and talking) in this area.

John Beeson

Hey John,

The Ambassadors are once again manning a welcome booth for first timers to an MOA Rally. We'll be open same hours as registration on Thursday-Saturday. Could you provide a supply of these maps for Rally newbies who stop by?

First timers are generally kinda glazed over by all the stuff going on at their first MOA Rally. We try to help them get their priorities on straight, as soon as they register.

I would expect we'll meet about 50- 100 riders per hour, every day; fewer Saturday. I think the booth is to be near the Country Store, if I'm not mistaken.

I have the first shift at 0900 Thursday. Be glad to meet you and hand out some maps.

Jim

I'll try to cover the questions

Jeff, In this part of the country, close your eyes, point your finger straight ahead and spin around. Where you end up pointing is the direction to good GS riding. We have thousands of miles of Forest Service gravel roads. We have thousands of miles of High Desert gravel roads. If your getting here early, check out the GS rides for Tues and Weds. There is a thread started by PolarBear, the GS Chairman entitled "GS Riders and Volunteers Wanted". That is a good place to start. If all else fails, stop by the info booth next to the country store and one of us will be able to hook you up with a good ride.

Bezdelnik, All roads to the coast are good. All roads along the coast (one) are good. And all roads back are good. :wow None of the loops go all the way to the coast. But it's very easy to plan a route. Talk to us in the info booth, I have my preferences on this.

JStrube, I guess I'm at a lose to figure out what you mean by "tall bridges". There is a bridge over the Crooked River on HWY 97 about 10 miles north of Redmond. It's a pretty spectacular gorge. See my first article in the MOA news on "Redmond". It has a picture of it there. http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally10/the_rally_basics/redmond_points_of_interest

Jim Shaw, Our info booth is also in the building with the Country Store. I'm fairly sure it's in the North Sister Building. We might be side by side for all I know. Anyway, there will be maps there.

Will there be a route out to the coast?

Route 126 heads west from Redmond and winds its way out to the coast at Florence, OR. Florence is a lovely quaint seaside town with great shops and restaurants. Turn left at Hwy 101 and follow the signs for the "old town center". There's a seafood shack called Mo's right on the warf and it is a must visit. Come hungry and make sure you order the seafood chowder. The spoon stands up on its own.

Just north of Florence there's Heceta Head Lighthouse which is a wonderful photo opportunity. You can stop at the Sea Lions Cave which is just before the lighthouse and get some really nice coastal pictures from there.

Just be aware that the trip from Redmond is about 150 miles, as the crow flies, to Florence so plan accordingly.

cbcK1200S - Colin
/////////// =o&o>

Back