• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RS bars on a K75RT?

R

romneg00

Anyone know of any experience in putting lower bars - ie bars from a K100RS or a K75S, on an RT? Will they fit or interfere with the fairing?

I'm trying to reduce back pain riding - while I can do hours on a road bicycle with my back way forward, the upright RT position gets to me after only a short while.

And, its such a super bike I'm not in a hurry to trade it for an RS.

Thanks!

You also might want to try "C" bars. They are slightly higher, wider, and farther back than "S" bars but several inches lower that the "T" bars. But I am not sure if they will clear your fairing.

:dance:dance:dance

Great advice, thanks

Lee, wow, thanks for the quick and great advice and photos. I'm tied up with work for a week, but, next saturday I;ll have a look and try to figure out if the bars will clear the fairings. C bars sound like a great place to start. Any chance you'd be willing to part with yours, assuming they're spare?

Cheers and thanks again. Greg

Add bar backs to the mix and it all fits. you may have to change out the handle bar control switches from KRT units but that's plug and play easy with the tank off..and you will have the tank off to do this anyway.

Greg, thanks, great help and advice. I see from other posts, you've helped with bar back questions before and advise the A&S barbacks. Is this issue with changing out the KRT handlebar switches, that they hit the fairing or otherwise interfere? Also, just want to confirm that in your experience the right change to make would be to the C bars with barbacks, not the S bars with barbacks. Any advice on where to find bars also appreciated. Thanks. Wonderful help on this site. Cheers

Handle bar style is a rider's choice...go with what feels right...for long distance, not just around the block.

It could be S bars with barbacks or T bars only...you never know.

If you do go with taller/further back bars, the reason to swap out the switchgear is to get a longer length of wire. The K bike has a lot more lattidude on moving electrical connections around under the tank then say an R bike..but there are limits to have far you can go before the full lock turn can stretch a wire and pull a connector apart.

Install the bar combination you like, route the existing cables properly, and see how everything matches up. Then decide if the longer lenghts are necessary.

You probably will NOT have to change out the switch gear or cables since you have the RT which already has the longest cables and wires. You are looking to go to shorter bars so everything should reach OK. You just will have to reroute the cables a little so that the extra length does not kink.

:dance:dance:dance

Guys, thanks for the advice. Very clear now and I've got what I need to know. To be honest, if the bars solve the back problem I may go all the way down the slippery slope and do an RS conversion on the bike next winter. Cheers!

Back