• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gengras BMW...WTF???

gengras sucks

This is a post that a friend of mine put up at my local fourm room. Is there anybody having the same problem for this dealer in Connecticut?

http://www.bandofriders.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36945

i had warranty on my f 650 gs an 06,so i told myself ..you have to do the oilchange and the 12 k service.anyway the problem was they overfilled the oil and after a while start coming off on the frame.talk with gengras ...they replied saying we give 2 mounths warranty on the service ok i said but to suck so bad over an oilghange!!!wtf you r representing bmw or not???went and trioed to buy the oil cange kit ,a bmw sales rep comes and want to sale to me sintethic oil...i told the guy its mineral the oil i want ..he start telling me its about the mileage and i can put sithetic oil too..sa i left and i never go back again.ever

The base problem with Gengras is that they are not a BMW "dealer", just a BMW "store".
They are a Harley dealer.
Actually, even that is not totally true.
They are a Volvo dealership, and have branched out into the m/c world to (hopefully) increase thier bottom line.
I have never heard anything good about them as a bike shop. I also know from personal experiences (a friend of mine that worked for them) that they are not a very good employer, either.

Absolutely not! Unfortunately the horror stories with this dealer remind me of what I've experienced in my area. That being said I'm fortunate to have an Independent Master Technician service my bikes (airhead and hexhead). If I need parts I'll let him order them and make, I hope, a small profit. If I end up paying more - So be it. Quality has a price.

PS: Funny how in their "testimonials" they are so perfect. A little too perfect.

The base problem with Gengras is that they are not a BMW "dealer", just a BMW "store".
They are a Harley dealer.
Actually, even that is not totally true.
They are a Volvo dealership, and have branched out into the m/c world to (hopefully) increase thier bottom line.
I have never heard anything good about them as a bike shop. I also know from personal experiences (a friend of mine that worked for them) that they are not a very good employer, either.

This reminds me of my local dealer. He's far more interested in go-carts and old cars than the quality of customer service and repair work on bikes. I drive more than 100 miles out of my way to Austin where the employees treat me like a friend and the repair work is excellent.

Over the years when purchasing a bike or car, I find myself doing as much research about the dealership as I do about the bike or car.

I'm afraid that a good portion of the industry has become so concerned with the bottom line on the spread sheet and how many t-shirts were sold that they forgot about the quality of customer service.

Easy :german

This comment relates to no single post, nor to any specific dealership. But, we all like to think that we are always entitled to good customer service. And we should be. But that entitlement comes with responsibilities too. Good interpersonal relations are a two way street. I always try to treat the dealership staff (especially techs) with the same level of respect, openness and honesty I expect from them. It almost always works.

Back