• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A Sidecar Forum?

Should We Have a Sidecar, Trike and Trailer (pulling kind) Forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would participate. Having been in and around sidecar rigs since I was twelve, I have a serious addiction. I am working to get this going right now:

Attachments

• Renngespann003.jpg
    Renngespann003.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 100
I would be interested. my hack is of another brand, but my wife thinks I should bolt a sidecar to the K75. it would have to be a small one......

Seems there is now a Sidecar / trike forum...

How about adding trailers to the Heading.
Basically as:
-------
Sidecars, Trikes and Trailers.
It's OK Being the Third Wheel.
-------

I guess we can kill the Poll too... :D

Seems there is now a Sidecar / trike forum...

How about adding trailers to the Heading.
Basically as:
-------
Sidecars, Trikes and Trailers.
It's OK Being the Third Wheel.
-------

I guess we can kill the Poll too... :D

See, the mods are responsive. :thumb

Now, keep that traffic flowing.

So you will update the name per the original request(s)?

Hey, this mod is at the bottom of the food chain but will pass the request along. If it does not happen be sure that trailer information keeps getting posted.

Now for a silly question. What does one use a trailer for? :scratch :laugh

I would be interested. my hack is of another brand, but my wife thinks I should bolt a sidecar to the K75. it would have to be a small one......

Good sized sidecars used to get attached to bikes with less displacement. Of course in those days folks were not trying to reach terminal velocity. ;)

Small as in light?
Don't go too light. A reputable dealer will set you up correctly.

I'm sure in the coming days you'll get more than enough information to make an educated decision.
PM Dave has a THE book to read.
Contact him for info.

Good sized sidecars used to get attached to bikes with less displacement. Of course in those days folks were not trying to reach terminal velocity. ;)

Small as in light?
Don't go too light. A reputable dealer will set you up correctly.

I'm sure in the coming days you'll get more than enough information to make an educated decision.
PM Dave has a THE book to read.
Contact him for info.

Got the book (yellow) about two weeks ago. lots of good information.

Yes... I asked it to be in the name but the request was ... ? :whistle

Just wanted to let you know that we reviewed this post and wanted to let you know the reason the forum for sidecars and trikes was named specifically that is due to the specificity of the vehicles configuration

Trailers belong in the Gear Forum. The reasoning is that they are seperate from the machine and could be towed with your car if you wanted. So it is viewed as an accessory and not an integral part of the vehicle.

So how do trailers fit into that description.? (Integral to the machine) Or in other words why should they be included in the trike forum title?

Back