• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200RT: information, specs, photos, etc.

Jeff Dean said:
Here is the info I have assembled on the new R1200RT:

http://bmwdean.home.att.net/r1200rt.htm
Nice job as always, Jeff. :thumb
I have to confess my early impressions of the new RT aren't entirely favorable, not so much for the mechanicals (which are clearly outstanding) but the styling leaves me cold. Too much Honda ST1300 influence. Too "plasticy". Having said that, styling is subjective and may grow on me yet.
My wallet hopes it doesn't. :D

Jeff Dean said:
Here is the info I have assembled on the new R1200RT:

http://bmwdean.home.att.net/r1200rt.htm

i saw your site before this post, and it really got me excited about this bike. i have a 5 yr old r1100 with 75k miles on it and i was planning to replace it with a kgt, but after seeing the specs on this bike, it's definitely in the running. thanks for the info.

pete

CHPBike said:
Any idea when these might start showing up in the local dealers?

Scott

My understanding is production starts in Berlin in February 2005 and first arrival at dealers is April 2005.

U.S. colors will be the two grays and red. No hope for additional colors, such as black or metallic blue, until late 2005.

Performance should be impressive.

R1200RT MIA in the Emerald City

CHPBike said:
Any idea when these might start showing up in the local dealers?

Scott

Dealers?
Not even in attendance at the Seattle M/C Show this past weekend. :dunno
However, word is the new RT will be on display at the Vancouver, BC m/c show, Jan 14-16. Can't wait to see it!

looks of the new RT

I am witholding judgement about the new look until I see it in person. I learned long ago that many times a photo will not do a car or bike justice. The performance sounds great, but no one can buy a bike they think is ugly. Never buy a bike because it makes the most sense. Don't buy the bike you can live with, buy the one you cannot live without.

Back