• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member -- Hi Viz Guy

hivizguy

www.hivizstore.com
Hi Everybody... i am just now jumping on the forum. I live outside of Pittsburgh and belong to the 4 Winds BMW as well as Airheads groups.

I have a 91 R100 GS Bumblebee and a 1985 K100 which i am in the process of restoring and turing into my Hi Viz Machine.

As you can tell from my Moniker I am a big fan of Being Seen, especially when I ride.

I look forward to seeing all of you both on the forum and better yet on the road. Please use this as a thread to share some Hi Viz Stories.

Be Seen and Be Safe

Tom-Hi Viz Guy

Attachments

• cool pic.jpg
    cool pic.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Great introductory post with picture.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts and glad to see you have found a couple of clubs that you will enjoy.

Ride Well
Ride Often
Ride to :eat

Hey Hi-Viz. I see you! More of us should wear high visabilty motorcycle wear. Good to have you.
JD

Wishing you success with your high Viz sales. I don't know if it is the answer from us being run over, but maybe with your promotions, we'll see fewer motorcyclists being run over. :ca

Thank you all

Thank you all for your warm welcome. Now you all have a source to get done up like yellow reflective tennis balls. I got the idea for wearing the hi viz while over in london and dublin a few years back. All of the "Urban" bikers had some sort of a reflective vest on, and hey.. it made sense.

I've been wearing the Hi Viz Gear for about 6 years now and I think it's great that so many companies are producing hi quality products. I

Hopefully I'll be SEEING a whole lot of you all out there.

Last edited:
Hi Viz Machine

Just took my Hi Viz K Bike out to it's first rally at the Laurel Highlands over the weekend. Between the Color of my bike, Color of my Helmet, Color of my Vest... NOT ONE person pulled out in front of me.

I had some hi viz vests and helmets on hand to sell and quite a few people drove away spreading the Hi Viz Word.

Next up will be the 4 Winds Rally north of Pittsburgh in August.

See you there...

Hi Viz Guy

Welcome Tom!

Will you be at the BMWRA Rally in Pownal, VT at the end of July? Don't know if vendor space is still available. Contact PAULBACH for more info.

Another Hi-Viz fan... :thumb

Can you see me now?

Hey Everybody,

Just checking in to see how your summer went? Have any of you made the move to Hi Viz Riding yet?

If so, do share a story or two. I would love to hear from you.

Hi Viz Guy

Hi Viz

Been wearing a zipnrip vest over my joe rocket black riding jacket this summer. (got the vest from a police supply store before i ever heard of your site.) I'm riding a new K1600GTL (blue) and it's funny how many times i've been mistaken for a motorcycle cop with the HiViz on...

in one case - i had a McDonalds Mgr unlock the doors after midnight to let me in and feed me - he told me after he let me in that he only opened the door cuz he thought i was a cop... but didn't want to send me away without feeding me after he let me in...

Several other times people have commented on it as well - if it makes them see me - all the better...

One comment though - the RipnZip is great to put over whatever mcycle jacket i already have - but i think my next riding jacket is gonna be in HiViz native... that way i don't have the vest riding up or flapping as it currently does at times...

as a friend said to me once... "show me what they are wearing.. and i'll tell you what they ride..."

It's kinda funny. I get the Cop on a Bike thing quite often, even though most Motorcycle Cops over here don't wear Hi Viz. I say whatever it takes to get noticed / get let in after hours at a McDonalds will work for me.

Thanks for the story.

Back