• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Flashers

G

GSjerry

I have a 2007 G650 XCountry. I am a Moto referee for USA Cycling and I need flashers which the bike doesn't have. I am considering mounting an accessory toggle switch on the handlebars and running a jumper to the wire going to the turn signal lamps that, when switched, would cause all 4 lamps to flash when I turned on a left turn signal, for example. Anybody have any helpful hints on this subject?

Thanks,

Jerry Shere

does that bike have the can-bus single wire technology like the GS? if so you may be able to make your lights flash like the GS does in parade mode.

As far as I know, it does not. My local dealer has suggested that I create a jumper between left and right hot wires from the switch. That way when a ground is created, all 4 lights will flash. I'll try it and report back.

Flasher

Well, after a lot of advice including my local dealer. I have a solution to the flasher issue. My dealer suggested a switch that would create a jump from the blu/red to the blu/blk at the switch. Interestingly that simply defaulted to the LH turn signal no matter where the switch was set L or R. However, if I jump those same two wires out at either the front or rear lamps, I get all four flashing at the same time at the same frequency. I plan to use a simple two pole switch that will make or break the jump. Nothing KisanTech.com had would work. They were very responsive and helpful though.
Cheers,
Jerry

The lack of a hazard type flasher is interesting. My wife's '05 F650GS has a separate switch between the fork mounts which includes a switch for hazards and the ABS. It's almost like they added it as an afterthought.

flashers

I used my flashers this weekend by jumping the hot wires for the rear lamps under the seat while refereeing a bicycle race. It worked perfectly. Now I'm going to install a handelbar mounted "doo-dad" switch which will give me easy access. Sort of like a normal bike. I'll do all of this when I install my new RG Tail Tidy. I'll try to post some pics when I'm done.

Back