• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tire change with TPS

dockeithdc

innate need to improve
Time to replace tires on my 08 RT. I'm planning on doing it myself but have some concerns with the tire pressure sensors. Are there any precautions I should be aware of? Can you remove the valve stems and use Dyna beads without any problem with the TPS. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Time to replace tires on my 08 RT. I'm planning on doing it myself but have some concerns with the tire pressure sensors. Are there any precautions I should be aware of? Can you remove the valve stems and use Dyna beads without any problem with the TPS. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Be sure to break it down away from the valve stem. Just stay away from it in any thing you do with spoons, etc. I would not mess with those beads. It is so simple to balance a tire with weights and if you are going to be doing your own tires, an investment in a simple balancer and wheel adapter is a good investment. What you save the first time will more than pay for the proper tools.

Back