• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Blue Ridge Parkway Closures

Just rode Blue Ridge Parkway last week. The two detours were extremely well marked and added 15 minutes at the most to the trip. One detour is about 10 miles but parallels the Parkway and the other is slightly shorter but is a perfect opportunity to gas up.

Could you guys who are in the know provide a bit more information? On the way to the Rally I plan to pick up the BRP from U.S. 276 southwest of Asheville, and ride it to 191 in (near?) Asheville. I haven't a clue what mile post numbers that particular stretch encompassses....so....can you tell me if the area I plan to ride is one of the areas under construction? I can't tell from the BRP website. Thanks much!

It should be noted that the map on the twice linked page has the mile markers listed on it in increments of 10 miles.

BRP Cherokee to Asheville

Rode through BRP today after a run through the Tail of the Dragon. No closures and virtually no traffic all day from Cherokee to Asheville, NC. :thumb

JoeRadMan
2005 R1200RT

No, closures south of Asheville was my experience as well. Two closures North but both were not dramatic and easy to navigate.

BRP Asheville to Roanoke

Minor traffic out of Asheville, two closures around Boone, NC with well marked detours with no significant delays. The rest was virtually traffic free and no LEOs seen all day.:clap

JoeRadMan
2005 R1200RT

Back