• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

where to buy service manual

ranceg2

Well I need the service manual (I have misplaced the one that came with the purchase of the bike it was a Haynes- I think, but only covered r1100r's through 97. Is there a book that fits my bike exactly? If not, I am in the market to buy a Haynes or Cylmer. Who do you recommend to buy from?
Thanks
good thing I've got a 96 CBR 600 to ride in the meantime I am sure moving slow with this. When you look where I live on the map you see I don't have a dealer for about 200 miles...
Randy

I've got the Clymer that covers R1100 from 93-98 (you didn't mention what year your bike is) I think it's a decent book and covers anything that I would ever attempt to attack myself. As for where to buy... Here is the ISBN # for the book

0-89287-720-0

Let your fingers do the walking or just snoop around on line.

RW

I got the Haynes manual for my 2000 1100R. It does say 93 to 97 but so far the information appears to be correct for the 2000. I'm not sure I would trust everything 100%, like I try to be careful about bolt torques, fluid amounts, things like that that would not be obvious if there were a difference, but I also don't plan to do major work to the bike where I might get in trouble with the wrong manual.
I got the manual at walmart.com for about $19.00, which was several dollars less than the half dozen other sellers I saw on line. Good luck.

MrCrab said:
I got the Haynes manual for my 2000 1100R. It does say 93 to 97 but so far the information appears to be correct for the 2000. I'm not sure I would trust everything 100%, like I try to be careful about bolt torques, fluid amounts, things like that that would not be obvious if there were a difference, but I also don't plan to do major work to the bike where I might get in trouble with the wrong manual.
I got the manual at walmart.com for about $19.00, which was several dollars less than the half dozen other sellers I saw on line. Good luck. [/QUOTE

Thanks for the advice, I now have probably same book ...ends 97 and it did not mention taking rear brake loose to get tire out but I had to keep from scratching the rim any more...
Randy

I would recommend that you shop around. I just purchased a manual direct from Clymer/Primedia and if I had looked around more I could have saved 10 to 15 dollars.

[Thanks Brad. I finally found the copy I got when I bought my bike (from original owner). Next question for everyone. Bike shop that changed the tire for me (rear tire) could not balance the tire because it is from a bike with single swing arm. The guys were saying it was not that critical on the rear tire. I have ridden the bike with new tire and it feels great... so should I just forget it?
Thanks
Randy

Back