• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Peg Mounts/Lowering?

The_Veg

D'OH!
Here's one for y'all- can anybody tell me for certain whether or not the peg mounts on an R100R are the same as for earlier Airheads, and if so, if there is any good way to lower them without moving them rearward? A very slight forward relocation in addition to lowering may be acceptable but definitely not rearward, as I want to change my ergos so my knees won't be as bent.
I'm trying to design my own lowering kit to have a local fabricator make for me but it looks tricky, at least if I want to keep the rubber pads and spring-loaded swivels without making modifications to the frame. I've had no luck with finding something ready-made but who knows, I may just not be looking in the right places.

A friend mentioned a machine shop somewhere (Ohio?) that does lowering kits for any model. Give me a couple of days to find out exactly what/where/who if no one else knows. If I remember correctly the price was fairly reasonable, too...

Thanks R!
Cool site- just had a moment to glance at it but I'll check it in more detail tomorrow. Looks like they got cool stuff!

Back