• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

NEW, hi-res K1200S images

Wow, I can't believe it's really happening. BMW is actually making a SPORTS-tourer. Back when the rumors started flying, I thought they'd remain just that, rumors. At the time I didn't think BMW would be interested in pursuing an inline 4. I think this is the best thing BMW's done in a LONG time. I just hope they're dependable.
Couple of thoughts:
I think that exhaust looks WAY too big. Unbalances the whole right side of the bike. I think underseats will be pretty popular for this bike.
The flat black lower fairing looks funny in some of the pics. Makes it dissappear in the shadows. Have to reserve judgement on that one till I can see a bike in person.
Looks like those bags, although stylish, achieve that style at the cost of a few inches of useful cubic capacity. I'm sure our lane-splittin' friends in CA won't appreciate giving away 2"-3" in clearance for no appreciable gain in storage.

Woohoo, Cycle gear just called and my new Arai is in. Of to the store.

How Dey Do Dat?

k12 said:
Looks like we got us some hard bags & a center stand!
Cheers:
Here ya go:

I can't look at my LT sideways without it falling off the side stand, but in about half of these pics, this new super Beemer can stand up on two wheels without any visible means of support at all! I want one!

Dude... ya gotsta put it in gear before you deploy the side stand!

I think the K1200S in the pictures has the new transparent aluminum center stand... :bliss

I love those yellow wheels and blacked out swingarm.
BMWK1200S_95.jpg
:clap

BMWK1200S_120.jpg

BMWK1200S_240.jpg

BMWK1200S_253.jpg

:bliss :clap :bliss

Back