• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Yet Another Seat Question... Sorry!

LBurns60
Mid summer I bought a 2008 R1200RT. It replaced an '02 RT... boy what six years has done! Except for the seat...:dunno . On the brighter side, I have a Sargent seat on my '05 12GS and it saved the bike for me:brad

My question is... does anyone know if I can just purchase the driver's portion of the Sargent seat for the '08 RT? Will they sell just the front part? Will it articulate with the pillion?

Thanks in advance for all of your collective wisdom!

Safe riding!

Not sure about the Sargent, but Corbin will offer this setup. I just picked up a Corbin front (heated) and back (non-heated) for my 09RT for a very reasonable $385 here on the MOA Flea Market. If you decide on a setup, lots of bucks to be saved here. Not trying to sway you away from the Sargent, rather offering another option if you cannot get just the front.

I actually called Sargent to ask some technical questions about their seats, and besides getting the intel I sought, ended up ordering the seat directly from them.

Excellent customer service, I might add.

Give them a ring....might help.

Toll Free: 1-800-749-7328

Good Luck!

seat

you should do yourself a favor and check out: www.billmayersaddles.com I just bought a custom made seat from them, logged 7500 miles and haven't looked back. Their customer service is great. You can even send in your seat w/some pics of you on the bike, + height,weight, inseam, etc...and they'll take your seat, custom fit it to you and have it back in the mail w/i 5-7 working days or less, depending on their schedule...worth a look or call.

When I got my 1200RT Sargent seat in 2006, it could only be ordered with both rider and passenger seats. I purchased the rider only seat from Rick Mayer (on the original BMW pan) and used the significant savings to splurge with leather.
Tom

Single Sargent

Yes you can get the driver seat only. I just last month received my Sargent seat (after a 6 week lead time from order) and am pretty happy with it so far. I ordered the heat option as well. I'm not sure what you mean by "articulate with the pillion seat" but it is wider and not exactly a 'factory' look.

Back