• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

When are you leaving for the rally?

brewbaron

My butt hurts!!
Hi I am curious as to when everyone is leaving for the rally (I'm sure some are allready in route) and what routes you will be traveling on. I am only in western Washington and don't have far to go, I will be leaving next wednesday afternoon for not to exciting ride to Spokane.

Frank Weite
Puyallup Wa.
:beer r

I'm leaving on Saturday, for a buddy's house in Coeur d'Alene (spelling?), taking 2 days for that, and then spend some time at his place, and see the country there.

Brewbaron said:
Hi I am curious as to when everyone is leaving for the rally (I'm sure some are allready in route) and what routes you will be traveling on. I am only in western Washington and don't have far to go, I will be leaving next wednesday afternoon for not to exciting ride to Spokane.

Frank Weite
Puyallup Wa.
:beer r
I'm leaving Bellevue very early on Thursday (probably around 6am). Hope the weather is accomodating.

About Two Hours

As soon as I get all the stuff situated on the bike... I am outta here headed west.:clap :bliss :clap :bliss :wow

I am leaving as soon as I get some last minute work items done.

Headed west to Paonia, then Spokane. Starting in Bristol, RI

The Ritalin Boy is just a *little* excited.

See you soon.

Leaving SF Bay Area on Sunday headed for Cody and then on Wednesday am heading for Spokane via I-90 unless time permits a better (and slower) route.

Oh, I figure if I leave home around 8 in the morning, I should be there by 8:30 or so...:bliss

Leaving from SE Michigan around 6:30 Sunday moanin', taking the new hydroferry across Lake Michigan to Milwaukee.

May be a lil ambitious but family affairs dictate. About 2100 miles in three or four days should work....thoughts??

Kenny2 said:
Leaving San Diego Monday morning. Riding up the 395. :bliss

Watch the section from 15 to 58. New special enforcement
zone :) No more fun in the woopties :(

I heard when I got to San Diego that it had been "named" as
revenue--I mean special enforcement zone just that day.

ian

ian408 said:
Watch the section from 15 to 58. New special enforcement
zone :) No more fun in the woopties :(

I heard when I got to San Diego that it had been "named" as
revenue--I mean special enforcement zone just that day.

ian

Talked to a CHiP motor. He did not say anything special as to why, just too many motorist speeding in that area, got the locals upset.

How long have we been planning?

I'm leaving Friday AM as soon as I can drop off the cat at kitty-camp.
I'm heading to Ottawa or there abouts and on to Sault St. Marie where I hope they speak English. And then where ever Garmin sends me.
:burnout

Kenny2 said:
Talked to a CHiP motor. He did not say anything special as to why, just too many motorist speeding in that area, got the locals upset.

Locals? It's all weeds and sand :)

ian

Traveler1 said:
Leaving SF Bay Area on Sunday headed for Cody and then on Wednesday am heading for Spokane via I-90 unless time permits a better (and slower) route.

Where are you in Marin? Do you ever get out to the Bovine Bakery in Pt. Reyes?

Leaving Monday morning. Going through Tahoe, Reno and up 395 to John Day. Camping there and on thorugh Enterprise and route 3 :bliss then on to Clarkston, Wa. End in Davenport, WA and see the folks Tues and Weds. Checking in Thurs morning.

Everyone be careful!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are you in Marin? Do you ever get out to the Bovine Bakery in Pt. Reyes?

Dave
I ride Highway 1 a lot, but generally start North of Pt. Reyes. I live in San Anselmo.

Back