• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RT Mirrors Solved

It seems like if you need to do a 'HEAD CHECK" you do not understand your mirrors, because the mirrors allow you to see what you see with a head-check...probably more efficiently than a quick glance...

If you experiment when you are at a light, leaning forward and look into your mirror to see the angle of vision you gain by noting the parked cars around you, you beging to understand what I am talking about...

I dont mean to insult anyone...if you like the head check, by all means....

You are correct sir...As a truck diver for 20+years (and not one accident I might add) you HAVE to learn to trust your mirrors especially with a full face helmet and
perscription shades on.They are more reliabile than a head check and much safer since you have your eyes in front of you where they need to be at all times with all the distractions (i.e. cell phones,GPS,CD's ect) that average joes wants to multi-task with while he should be DRIVING

These photos are what I installed on my '12 RT. I wanted the K12RS mirrors but had to settle for the GS version for my year bike. Not as good looking as the K12's but vastly improves rear visibility with the topbox mounted.

Hi WVPC,

What other parts did you need to mount the GS mirrors? The boss lady has instructed me that new mirrors are to be one of the first modifications to her one week old '12 RT .

P.S> I'm going to show her that TT tankbag as well :brow

Back