• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What are you listening to today?

Randy Meisner dead at 77

Seems like a lot of the “old guard” musicians are passing.

Randall Herman Meisner was an American musician, singer, songwriter and founding member of the Eagles. Throughout his professional musical career, Meisner's main role was that of bassist and backing high-harmony vocalist as a group member and session musician.

Lead vocals on this classic-

RIP Randy Meisner

OM

I saw on the news where a singer, Cardi B, had a fan throw a drink on her whilst she was on-stage singing. While that isn't my favorite music and I am not familiar with this singer, there is no excuse for such fan behavior.

This incident and other similar events brought to mind a scene from the Blues Brothers, a very funny movie with great music -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RdR6MN2jKYs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It’s not just Cream Cheese-...<snip>...
;)

OM

My, Oh My! I've been listening to her music on the UTube and I have heard this music in the past.

Five plus decades ago we called this "Beach Music". I just didn't know who it was. Good Stuff!

[Sirius XM has a channel called "Carolina Shag" that plays Beach Music.]

These are the Days Between, Aug 1 - 9!

Attachments

• the-days-between-1400_0.jpg
    the-days-between-1400_0.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 89
Until I retired around 2016 I lived in Columbus, Ohio. Downtown in Columbus, adjacent to where I use to have my car serviced was an Easy Rider Shop (owned by the feller that put out the ever so tasteful Easy Rider Magazine). The store was basically an independent Harley shop, but also sold specific "lifestyle" items.

There were some videos playing on monitors placed around the shop. One such video featured the Grateful Dead song below. I expect that this video will never, ever make it onto the UTube. But I do think of motorcycles when I hear this song -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pafY6sZt0FE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crowder - Come As You Are

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r2zhf2mqEMI?list=RDRqu7eBwhGs4" title="Crowder - Come As You Are (Music Video)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I may have posted this song before. The brilliant musicians are worth listening to again.

:bow

:bow

om

Just saw that Robbie Robertson of The Band passed away. A great sound of the era:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NKu0OTDvQ-w" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn, Robbie Robertson dead at 80.

Another blow to the world of musical talent.....but he understood the toll the rock-n-roll lifestyle was tanking on him and made it to 80.

In The Last Waltz, a documentary by Martin Scorsese on The Band, while I don't I don't remember the actual quote but it was something like- "We knew that if we didn't quit, it would kill us".

I really hate to see all the passing of so many "old guard" musicians. Musicians that didn't need to have a couple of dozen dancers, fireworks and elaborate "sets" on stage to entertain.

If you remember The Band or Bob Dylan and the band, the documentary The Last Waltz is well worth watching.

From The Last Waltz-

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077838/

RIP Robbie Robertson.

om

Damn, Robbie Robertson dead at 80.

Another blow to the world of musical talent.....but he understood the toll the rock-n-roll lifestyle was tanking on him and made it to 80.

In The Last Waltz, a documentary by Martin Scorsese on The Band, while I don't I don't remember the actual quote but it was something like- "We knew that if we didn't quit, it would kill us".

I really hate to see all the passing of so many "old guard" musicians. Musicians that didn't need to have a couple of dozen dancers, fireworks and elaborate "sets" on stage to entertain.

If you remember The Band or Bob Dylan and the band, the documentary The Last Waltz is well worth watching.

From The Last Waltz-

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077838/

RIP Robbie Robertson.
om

"The Last Waltz"- arguably the best concert movie ever. Turn up the volume and hit play! Been listening to Robbie on Spotify all afternoon, he had a large body of work. His impact on the music scene is underrated, I believe.

PBS is in fundraising mode. It is a great time to see some fantastic music.

While there isn't many left of Little Feat, they have put it back together pretty well.

Live from the Ryman Auditorium-

Dixie Chicken

Waiting for Columbus, one of the best albums ever.

Maybe we need a thread devoted to "Jam Bands"?

Grateful Dead
Little Feat
Entrain
Fish

:dance

OM

The Ryman is the home of the Grand Ol Opry. Some 50 or so years ago I would not have been able to get my mind around the band Little Feat performing at the Ryman. Times are a changin'!

Back