• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

$12,000 speeding ticket

So, in Canada, only the rich can play???

Speeding is one thing. SPEEDING is another.

They should have levied a fine, and yanked his license.

But then, I'm a geezer that rides a BMW so what would I know about speed anyway.

So, in Canada, only the rich can play???

Speeding is one thing. SPEEDING is another.

But then, I'm a geezer that rides a BMW so what would I know about speed anyway.

Hi Paul -

My R-12s can hit 160 mph+ in a tuck.

Since the BMW gods deliberately engineered all that heavenly performance capacity and capability, who can rightfully blame me for for wanting to explore and experience the provided potential? :bolt

Simply said, at one time or another, we ALL speed. Fortunately, it's only a crime if you're unlucky, or unskillful enough, to get caught....

J.K. :wow

Hi Paul -

Since the BMW gods deliberately engineered all that heavenly performance capacity and capability, who can rightfully blame me for for wanting to explore and experience the provided potential? :bolt

Simply said, at one time or another, we ALL speed. Fortunately, it's only a crime if you're unlucky, or unskillful enough, to get caught....

J.K. :wow

Watch out for jack rabbits. :)

Which accomplishes absolutely nothing!

I was just reading on another forum how someone with a suspended licence just got into a car again and got nabbed for drunk driving again.

You want to solve the driving under a suspended licence or driving without any insurance screnario? Confiscate the car and sell it, with the monies going to either accident victims or the health care system (up here). If it is a borrowed car, then the lending owner should have known better and has to assume responsibility.

ticket

...only the rich can play?? PGlaves

Paul, that's just a few months pay for an Alberta rig pig. :laugh

As for the appropriateness of the sentence, on which I make no comment, I wonder whether a major factor may have been the location of the offense: highway 16, which is Alberta's answer to Nevada's highway 50.

Rinty

As for the appropriateness of the sentence, on which I make no comment, I wonder whether a major factor may have been the location of the offense: highway 16, which is Alberta's answer to Nevada's highway 50.

Rinty

US-50 may be The Loneliest Highway, but it's surprisingly well patrolled.

Don't get surprised. :nono

ticket

Not that it's any excuse, but there are any number of areas that don't have tracks nearby. Our city is losing its track in a few months, and the next closest one will be 185 miles away.

I understand there are about 20 private track clubs around the U.S. , and I was hoping somebody would build one around here. Apparently, at some of these clubs you can buy a lesser membership for reduced privileges.

Rinty

When you feel the need for excessive speed, why not go to a track day?

now that I've stopped laughing, isn't that like telling a vice-presidential candidate's
teenage daughter 'if you feel like procreating, why not just wait until you're married
and financially and emotionally ready to raise a child'? Reality happens.

now that I've stopped laughing, isn't that like telling a vice-presidential candidate's
teenage daughter 'if you feel like procreating, why not just wait until you're married
Molly Hatchet, right? "Flirtin' With Disaster" :whistle

50 Klms over in Ontario, gets you $10,000.00 plus license suspension on the spot.:whistle :laugh :banghead :banghead :gerg :ca

One of the Scandinavian countries (can't remember which) indexes the price of the fine to the driver's earnings. They use tax records to set traffic fines as a percentage of the person's income.

Seems the wealthy get a proportionate hit to the wallet as do those not as well off. There was an article some time ago about a multi-millionaire who got a speeding fine in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Why does it have to be a V.P. candidates daughter? What if it was your daughter? Would the same joke still apply?

Hi Paul -

Since the BMW gods deliberately engineered all that heavenly performance capacity and capability, who can rightfully blame me for for wanting to explore and experience the provided potential?

Or, if you're unlucky enough to kill someone.

John

Back