• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Budweiser- InBev Takeover- What's your take?

grafikfeat

Takeover?

Buy 'em,
close 'em,
then open a real brewery.

In the words of Bob and Doug McKenzie:
"My brother and I used to say that drownin' in beer was like heaven, eh? Now he's not here, and I've got two soakers... this isn't heaven, this sucks."

Attachments

• bd.jpg
    bd.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 101
Miller Brewing Company was sold a year (or so) ago to a South African company. We haven't noticed a change in the local economy.

However, now they are merging Miller with Coors, so there is a lot of conjecture and concern about if the HQ will be in Colorado or Wisconsin.

Oh ... and let me add this: I love a good microbrew. But on a hot summer day, there is nothing quite as refreshing as an icy cold Bud or a Miller Genuine Draft.

You may not have been told, but Coors and Molson merged a few years back in a merger of equals. Maybe the Miller/Coors/Molson HQ will be in Montreal :dunno

If you don't like it, don't drink it.

I think it would be sad to see the St Louis location close down, if it comes to that, but business is business.

I was just there on a tour, and it was cool to see some life left in St Louis.. whereas, across the street (I-55), are two AMAZING buildings/complex's, former breweries, that are crumbling away, like the rest of St Louis. (Not to mention all the other breweries that used to be all over the area that have since been bulldozed into their foundations/cellars, and paved over.)

Bud takeover

IMHO Bud made some of the worst beer in North America (and you thought that they used those horses for pulling the wagon?). While i'm not a fan of foreign takeovers, it will be a small loss and the beer may someday become drinkable.

From Brookston Beer Bulletin

Once the takeover of Anheuser-Busch by InBev is completed, a curious thing will happen to the landscape of American brewing. ItÔÇÖs certainly something I never expected to be writing in my lifetime, but itÔÇÖs true. The Boston Beer Co., who brew the Samuel Adams line of beers, will be the biggest brewer in America.

IMHO Bud made some of the worst beer in North America (and you thought that they used those horses for pulling the wagon?). While i'm not a fan of foreign takeovers, it will be a small loss and the beer may someday become drinkable.

+1

I always thought of Bud as the predecessor of bottled water.

To beer with taste:drink :drink

Thank heaven there are other American beers out there that are much better than AB products.

But I have to admit, my first thought was, "well, there goes America. We are being sold to the highest bidder and we aren't producing a thing." Well all I can say is that I am glad I thought about that statement before posting it as my response. First, it would make me a hypocrite: My cars are Hondas, my bike is a BMW, and my drums are from Germany. The last major purchase (a dish washer) is also from Germany. So what brought this about? Did it start with Clinton's nafta? Or were there tax breaks offered prior to that which inspired companies to move off shore? I don't know the answers, but I will say - we need to start making things in this country again and I hope some one can come up with the way to do just that.

So I am off of my soap box now, I am sorry that Bud got bought. I only hope that we can all start to purchase things made in America.

Go get'm Yuengling!! :drink

It all comes down to a couple of simple concepts. Can you say Global Economy?

This is happening all over the world. It all comes down to money. If you have lots of extra cash laying about and want to make even more, then go buy something that will make you money. Companies all over the world have been doing it for years. It is not a new thing. It is just that in recent years it has become much more visable. What did everyone think when Chrysler was bought out by Daimler-Benz? How about when Ford bought out Jaguar? It goes both ways.

On the other hand, I have never liked any of the major brews around, even in Canada. I don't drink much, a 12 pack will last me a few months, unless friends come over and find it. But when I do I want a good quality brew that I can really enjoy, micro-breweries tend to have the best for my taste. I pay more to get what I want and don't mind.

Hi,
I'll drink Bud if I have to (prefer MGD if I drink a mainstream American beer), but I like Stella Atois. But you can't beat some of the Belgian Trappist beers, brewed by the Trappist Monks in their respective monesteries (monkesteries??).

Back