• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Does anyone run dual sport tires on thier RR?

I don't see why not. The Buell's use the Pirelli Scorpion Sync tires. These are more of a dual sport tire. They are not however available in a 170 section. I asked this question over at R1150R.net last year and there were mixed answers as to the size question. Most who tried, however, said that there were no issues running the 180 on the roadster rim.

I am looking at trying a Pirelli Scorpion MT 90AT 150/70 18 on the rear and MT 60 R 120/70 VR17 on the front of my 850R. I would really like to have something that gives me a little purchase on the front when in soft conditions. I have not noticed if the MT 60 is tubeless. I like the looks of the rear but the front looks a little less convincing. I have been unable to find anythig else that fits the front and would be interested in hearing about anything else that does.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

I am looking at trying a Pirelli Scorpion MT 90AT 150/70 18 on the rear and MT 60 R 120/70 VR17 on the front of my 850R. I would really like to have something that gives me a little purchase on the front when in soft conditions. I have not noticed if the MT 60 is tubeless. I like the looks of the rear but the front looks a little less convincing. I have been unable to find anythig else that fits the front and would be interested in hearing about anything else that does.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

I've been looking the metzler tourance but I saw an Avon tire the other day I kinda liked. Don't know where to buy 'em yet. Maybe Dennis Kirk can order them for Me? When I get some I'll let ya know how I like'em.

Back