• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

slash 2 or Moto Guzzi

S

sfdave

Vintage gang,

I've been thinking of picking up a /2 to run around on, then I saw a Guzzi Eldorado and kind of fell in bike lust :heart ..... what do you all think of the Guzzi's? I know it ain't German, even though I read somewhere that the Germans helped with the police models. Any known serious problems etc.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom

Vintage gang,

I've been thinking of picking up a /2 to run around on, then I saw a Guzzi Eldorado and kind of fell in bike lust :heart ..... what do you all think of the Guzzi's? I know it ain't German, even though I read somewhere that the Germans helped with the police models. Any known serious problems etc.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom

I rode a '72 850 Eldorado for 6 years and over 70K. It was very dependable and handled pretty good, until I added floorboards. It was very easy to work on. If you show one of the heads to somebody they'll think it came off a VW. I think the 850 was the simplest 4 stroke engine I ever had to maintain. Up to then I'd only had BSA's though. Think 3 sets of points on a '69 Rocket Three.
I used to tell Harley owners somebody put their engine in sideways. On a guzzi, the cylinders cool equally. The only major problem I had was a spring for the shifter broke, but an auto mechanic friend was able to fix it pretty easy. :wave

Thanks for the replies. I am looking at a couple and will post pics if I pick one up!

:bikes

Back