• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Maniac Mechanic & Wood n Steel: Message.

Made it home from the Falling Leaf Rally without a single problem. The attitude adjustment you all gave Betty Lou changed her.:thumb The ride home with her was great! I didn't know she could be so quiet! She is singing a different tune now. Much different from Fridays attitude! She did not hesitate to do anything I asked of her and did not complain one bit. Thanks for putting her in her place and teaching me a few things about her problems in the process! You have made my life much more pleasant. I :bow to your wisdom.
Had a great time despite all the problems. I can not thank you two and the others enough.:wave I hope you guys made it back home safe.

Hey, Mark

It was great meeting you and Betty Lou, and I for one am pleased that her attitude is much better and stayed that way. Glad you made it home with no complaints. Just remember that all the stuff we did (you included) was just getting back to the basics. There was no magic involved. Now that you've seen and helped and experienced it, when you have the opportunity do do likewise, you can, for no other reason than because you can.

Did make it home safely, although the last few hours were wet and cold.

Glad to have met you and to have been of some small service. Ride safe, and see ya down the road somewhere.

Randy

Mark, I'm pleased to know that you made it home safe. When we first met up at the hot dog pit, I told you that I was confident that your bike would leave in better shape than it arrived. Glad to know that it turned out that way. Randy is a highly competent mechanic and I think we have proven the concept that 3 brains are better than one. This sort of thing is fun for me and I'm happy that we (all of us) were successful in getting "Betty Lou" to come around.

As always, feel free to drop a line my way if she ever gets to giving you trouble.

Mark - you let those two guys work on your bike? OMG!!!
Just kiddin' - that was prolly one of the smartest moves you could make.

Most disturbing

Say Mark -- my wife found your comments about your riding companion very disturbing until I explained that "Betty Lou" is the name of your bike, not your spouse. She had visions of a roadside "gang lobotomy" and became rather shy about accompanying me to any more rallies.

Say Mark -- my wife found your comments about your riding companion very disturbing until I explained that "Betty Lou" is the name of your bike, not your spouse. She had visions of a roadside "gang lobotomy" and became rather shy about accompanying me to any more rallies.

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

Made it home from the Falling Leaf Rally without a single problem....

Good to hear it Mark. It was good meeting you. I'm glad the "boys" got you fixed up. I, of course, when I heard there was work to be done, went for a ride.

John

Randy, James....

I can not thank you two enough! It was my pleasure and my good fortune to meet the two of you from the git go. I do appreciate that you guys gave up your time to do other things in order the assist me. Glad to know that you all made it home safely. I'm sure that we will cross tracks again.

Mark - you let those two guys work on your bike? OMG!!!
Just kiddin' - that was prolly one of the smartest moves you could make.

No doubt in my mind! I don't let just anyone touch Betty Lou!

Funny!

Good to hear it Mark. It was good meeting you. I'm glad the "boys" got you fixed up. I, of course, when I heard there was work to be done, went for a ride.

John

John,
It was great meeting you also and hope to see you again!

When I saw the title of this thread and the two guys mentioned I thought it was going to be trouble or at least a complaint..... :D :D :D

Nice of you to recognize them and their efforts. :nod

...as for me,....yeah, I guess so. Those of you who know me know that there is always the potential for controversy in my immediate vicinity.

Back