• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R100R Shed-System Help

I live in Mexico, and since there are no strong pollution regulations, I am planning to remove the shed-system solenoids of my R100R, and extra air box devices. I suspect that these two are responsible for difficult sarts of my bike (cold or hot). I wonder if someone can provede some guidance.

Removing the solenoids seems pretty easy, but it came up to my attention that there is a vacum port to the engine, and it is connected to the air solenoid, and then to the air box. I wonder if I should cancel this port or conncet directly to the air box.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Javier

Javier,
You can just plug the vacuum hose. You also need to seal any holes in your airbox if you remove the AIR plumbing.

Mick

I seem to recall an article in ON a couple months ago that showed an airhead timing plug as a suitable stopper for the airbox holes.

Dave,
Your memory was not damaged at DVD IX. :clap

The early rubber timing hole plug is a perfect fit for the removed plumbing. A little coating of black silicone rubber sealant helps to keep the plugs in place too.

Mick

Done all recommended.

1. shed system: eliminated solenoids, hoses, and iginition cables were connected directly to ignition. For the vacuum at the engine (small one at top lefthandside) I used a vacuum plup from a K1100

2. Air box devices, jus followed the directions outlined in BMW On August? and removed all hoses, used timming plugs, and silicone to seal all exposure to outside air. Need to test over the weekend I'm going to Cuernavaca.

Many thanks;)

Back