• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

new bike checklist

B

BRADR755

just days ago a 72 R75/5 followed me home. it starts, runs and shifts. needs a new battery which i am working on figuring out how to replace. i will do that this weekend. but while i'm at it and cover in grease i figure i should take a look at other things. the p.o. said it's been sitting in his garage for the past year or year and a half. i figure i should take a look at the carbs, change the oil. attempt to set the timing. is there anything else your learned minds might suggest?

thanks in advance.

I suggest;

get a haynes or a clymer manual or both. they are not gospel, but are useful

start a logbook

give the bike a full service, and change all fluids [gearbox, driveshaft etc] note the condition of old fluids in case of water contamination etc and check drain plugs for metal.

I find the boxerworks forum the best for questions and check out duane aushermans and snobums websites for info [google is your friend]

I wouldnt start fiddling with the carbs unless you actually have a problem

hope that helps

Back