• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

OJ Simpson kicked out

I agree with the restaurant owner's sentiments. However, I don't think "the right to refuse service" extends to notoriety or personal disdain. I predict that he will be sued and lose a costly case. Too bad.

Ruby is a local restaurant celebrity in greater Cincinnati and is no stranger to media attention. Some prominent ACLU lawyer types spoke up for him in the local papers, for whatever that's worth. My betting is that OJ isn't looking for another court fight because the real spotlight will be on whether he murdered his wife and Ron Goldman --not whether Ruby has the right not to serve him. In fact, I would think that a courtroom, ANY courtroom, but especially one in Louisville, Ky. would be the last place OJ wants to be. My guess is that most jurors in this part of the world (and probably anywhere else outside of LA county) would give Ruby a standing ovation. :clap

Isn't it amazing that the lawyer immidiately had to play the 'racecard' ??? :sick
So typical...:banghead
Good for Ruby though :thumb

As long as he's not in a protected group (racial, religious, handicapped, age or such), I think the restaurant owner has the right to refuse service. It's no coincidence that OJ's attorney promptly alleged the refusal was based on race. Other than that, he has no legal status, IMO.

OJ's attorney said the refusal was based on race, but the very next party to be seated at that table, according to Ruby, was Micheal Jordan!!

Ruby used to be friendly with OJ before the murders. Ruby said he doesn't know if OJ did the murders or not, but if he is innocent, as he claims, he thinks OJ is a major scumbag for writing the book "If I Did It". What kid of message does that book send to Nichole's and Ron's families, let alone to Simpson's kids?

Standing ovation for Ruby!!!!

If it goes to trial, can I volunteer for jury duty. I'll pay my own airfare.

I believe any proprietor has the right to refuse service to a murderer without any consideration to the skin color of the killer. It's his place he can set the rules, it's not a government owned institution.

Personally I think it was a great thing to do. :clap

The Real Story

Actually, OJ was refused service simply because he is a biker. Although it is not common knowledge, the Juice rides a vintage BMW. It's a 1950s R51 model, I believe it's a /2.
:cat

OJ kicked out

Well, if you owned a restaurant and OJ walked in, would you give him a steak knife?

Rinty

Once upon a time we had a restaurant in the Florida Keys and asked a lady to leave as she insisted on combing her long hair at the bar, where other people were eating. She was not a white American.

We were always under the belief you could refuse service to anyone for any reason.

:stick

Come on, give OJ a break. He's just touring the country on his never ending quest for the "real" killer.

if the resturant serves alcohal of any kind they have a right to refuse service for any reason if they feel that a "patron" entering the place might create an hostile enviroment for others that might patron the establishment..

thing OJ will not sue when a counter law suit is filed by Ruby... especially when then he is investi gated by the IRS for tax fraud from not reporting all the cash he makes from signing thing that is supose to got to the Goldman family..

OJ Simpson

The lawsuit talk is probably just that. In some jurisdictions you can make a plaintiff put up security for future costs, and OJ would be a good candidate for such an order, if he does proceed. I would think that most civil litigators would suggest he keep a low profile, and suggest that he not commence proceedings. What are his potential damages anyway? His reputation can't be hurt anymore than it already is.

Rinty

Back