• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Going from maine to Texas Apr 14

S

spinedr

I am going to Dallas Texas from Maine the 14th early, Taking 95 to Boston and continue through RI,CT,NY, PEN Where I hope to stay for the night. Next day taking off toward Memphis for another stop and next day to Dallas Texas. Is any one going to that area that like to meet and ride together? Going alone and I am looking forward for the 2 week vacation and riding my LT.:wow My family lives is Dallas and going to visit.

Feel free to PM me with any questions about this area. Also, I rode through Maine to Nova Scotia this past summer and can share information about some of the routes between our states as well.

Feel free to PM me with any questions about this area. Also, I rode through Maine to Nova Scotia this past summer and can share information about some of the routes between our states as well.

Thanks Randy, I just to live in Farmers Branch area and my family lives in McKinney. I am going to visit my mother and to get some riding in the LT. I was trying to see if enyone was going in that direction the 13th or 114th to have some company but I guess not. I am bringing my IPod with books on tape and plenty of music to lisent to. I just hope that snow will not be a problem this time of the year and I hope is not too wet:thumb I will bring my laptop in the trip and will try to get in contact to some Dallas fokes and maybe have some food together and talk about Bikes:eat :dance

Spinedr,
The route you have planned will take you through some the most congested sections of superslab in the east. If you want a more relaxed route I can offer suggestions. I have been driving to Augusta from the Philadelphia area for 10 years. If you want suggested alternates please PM me.

:dance The time is almost here for my trip and we are expecting 12 inches of snow tomorrow in my town in Maine. I will try to go on Friday noon hoping that the roads are clean and I can make it 35 miles to the main Highway. I figure if I can make it past Boston by the night I have a good start and hope the weather gets better. Next day will try to go over the mountains if Pen and Maryland with out snow I hope. Wish me luck :usa

Hi everyone, I just finish one half of my trip from Maine to Dallas TX and back again. I am staying with my mother for a week to visit. I had the crazy idea of driving through Boston to CT and New York. I was told not to drive through the city but I did not program my GPS right and end up going throug NY city. I planed the trip in my computer and forgot to down loaded to the GPS:banghead . It took me 3 hours to go through and by the time I was in the other side had to look for a motel. I was so tired that I pass the entrance of the hotel and had to do a U turn in gravel. Guess well I need a DA stiker, I could not pick her up but a couple of nice jung men help me get her up. I was so tired. Next day made it through PA when started to rain and spitting snow I had to continue and finally stoped in West Virginia, wet and &**& Next day Made it to Texarkana with good weather but not after going through the worse storm ever. Now I am safe in Dallas and glad for my LT and my Heated jacket. I will be here for 1 week and enjoy the weather before going back and hope for better weather. I lost the alarm divice in my fall, it was dark. Dose eny one know how to replace it. I am thinking in going to the BMW in Plano tomorrow, I also like to do an oil change that my girl needs. Any suggestions?:dance

By all means take your bike to the Plano dealer. You're on a long trip so it can't hurt to change the oil plus you can get some answers on the alarm system. Merrin Austin is the service manager there and I would recommend Ken, Jonathan, or George to work on your bike. Their number is: 972-881-8774.

If you're still around this weekend, I'd be happy to take you on a good route we use for weekend rides.

Randy

:dunno
By all means take your bike to the Plano dealer. You're on a long trip so it can't hurt to change the oil plus you can get some answers on the alarm system. Merrin Austin is the service manager there and I would recommend Ken, Jonathan, or George to work on your bike. Their number is: 972-881-8774.

If you're still around this weekend, I'd be happy to take you on a good route we use for weekend rides.

Randy

Hi Randy, Thanks for the reply and information. I am calling them tomorrow and I hope they can help with the alarm also. I hate to be in a long trip and not have the alarm set for those out of the way motels in the road is a long 2000 mile ride back. Just pice of mind for me. I am in a conferance this weekend in Dallas, see I can make this trip a business expence and see my family at the same time;) It was an adveture to come here in the LT. I am planning to go to Waco this Wednesday to see my mother in Law, just to have lunch and back. I hope to meet other LTsers in this parts, when I am Back in Maine I can have good friends to talk about the weather. 100 here and 20 below in Maine:beer

Congratulations on your trip. I'm going to be purchasing a new bike within the next few months. I've narrowed it down to one of the following: LT, RT, GoldWing. I've ridden all three and like all three. I'm always interested in hearing about people's experience on any of these bikes.

Randy, I'm in Garland. No BMW yet - I ride a Moto Guzzi Jackal - but would be interested in knowing what route you like for your weekend rides. And would like to hear about your RT. Thanks.

Congratulations on your trip. I'm going to be purchasing a new bike within the next few months. I've narrowed it down to one of the following: LT, RT, GoldWing. I've ridden all three and like all three. I'm always interested in hearing about people's experience on any of these bikes.

Randy, I'm in Garland. No BMW yet - I ride a Moto Guzzi Jackal - but would be interested in knowing what route you like for your weekend rides. And would like to hear about your RT. Thanks.

If you can send me a private message, I can give you my contact info and I'll be more happy to help. I like all three of your bike choices as well.

Back