• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Victory Vision - Woe to BMW???

WooDmEn

Check out the new for 2008 Victory Vision (Cycle World, March 2007, p34). This is likely to be a world-class touring bike, able to eat H-D's lunch, along with Honda and BMW. This could be a near-death-nell for BMW's touring-bike market share, which is chronically near life-support, anyway. Unless the Blue-and-White has a response in the offing?...:violin :violin :violin

I have seen it unveiled at the IMS in NYC. If only it had a mother to love it.

It is an American design. Place it along side the new Kawasaki and the Kawasaki is a beautiful machine. The Vision is still searching for a mom.

The Vision is due for release in the Fall. It needs some sculpting before it goes into the showroom.

I think Victory puts a lot of effort into style but I am still thinking heavy, hot, slow,and expensive.

Spendy

One of the Reps at the Minneapolis show said that they thought the price would be $22,000 to $23,000.

A bit of resculpting would seem in order. It has more curves than Deal's Gap. Buck Rogers comes to mind.

Attachments

• 07_01_19 Big GIG NYC078 r.jpg
    07_01_19 Big GIG NYC078 r.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Reminds me of an old Indian Chief, crossed with something from that futuristic Sly Stalone movie nobody saw. I won't go so far as to say it's ugly.....but you probably won't ever see one in my garage!

john1691
2000 K1200RS

Check out the new for 2008 Victory Vision (Cycle World, March 2007, p34). This is likely to be a world-class touring bike, able to eat H-D's lunch, along with Honda and BMW. This could be a near-death-nell for BMW's touring-bike market share, which is chronically near life-support, anyway. Unless the Blue-and-White has a response in the offing?...:violin :violin :violin

Huh? Chronically near life-support? What are you talking about?

Besides, while I kinda don't mind it, most people seem to think it's profoundly ugly. Add a non-existent dealer network (at this point), and I don't think you'll see much defection.

Looks like a Mullet bike. Aggressive up front, cruiser in the back..

Wonder in there will be a Police version...:stick

Wow.

You know, I've had four serious concussions in my life. After the last two, I feel noticeably slower and stupider than before.

I figure about twelve more really good shots to the head and I'll be ready for that bike.

Vision indeed!

I looked at the picture, and it nearly damaged my vision.

Now if I can just clear my mind of that image... :banghead

Back