• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding to Daytona

Elwood
Is anyone from the Northeast thinking of riding to Daytona this year. Ontario, Quebec and Upstate New York included.

Woodgrain::brow

not me

I did it last year. Had to have my driveway plowed so I could get out. Lots of people video taped me going down the highway...Wimps. My Gerbing jacket and foot flaps on the GS saved me. Left at noon...the warmest and it took a day and a half. john shuck Westport, CT

Ironbutt

Yep, that's me..Ironbutt #31 I rode a 73 Triumph Trident in Ironbutt 86. First guy to do it on a Brit bike. Back then we did 8,600 miles in 11 days at 55 mph.. Only got 2 tickets and finished 13th out of 25.. In 25 days. I'll be 60..

I was inquiring about who might be riding their bikes down to Daytona. I have several friends who will be trailering and driving, but that changes the whole dynamic of the trip. The cold temperatures don't bother me as much as sloppy road conditions, I ride around up here as often as I can, just to blow the dust off.

Woodgrain

riding to daytona

I am considering riding to Daytona from the Pittsburgh area. I will have to wait and see what the weather is like closer to the departure date. My route would go through the mountains of WV so snowy conditions will stop me from going. I hope it warms up a bit too, the single digit temps we have been having would be prohibitive too.

Mark

Back