• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rifle Fairings

N

NateVentura

Hi all. Since this is my first thread, a quick introduction: I've been riding for almost 30 years on various Japanese machines, and bought a 1986 K75C about two years ago. I've been lurking here ever since.

I'm considering one of the Rifle "Superbike" fairings for my K75C, and was wondering if anyone had had any experience with them (or heard anything through the grapevine)? I know fairings and windshields have been addressed a lot - I just don't recall seeing anything on the Rifle products.

rifle fairings

i have bought 3 fairings from them over the past few yrs, all for harley's......

my exp has been they have a superb product and are priced fairly.....i have had very good luck with rifle and would order a new fairing for my LT if i had not picked up a used cee bailey recently.....

I checked them out at www.rifle.com

I'd like to see one on a K100 up close and personal. Any posters have a K100 with one a these installed and going to the rally? Either that or post some pics of what it looks like on your bike. I'd like to see what the view is from the rider's perspective...

My favorite fairing (looks & performance) is the BMW RS found on the airhead models.
Makes a great install on the K75 models. All the benefits of the K series with the bonus of the RS fairing. Bonus as a conversation starter when you're around other beemer riders :clap

YMMV :D

That aside the Rifle looks pretty good on a K75
120979992-M.jpg

wish I still had a photo of the K75 with the R100RS faring but this will have to do.
120981647-M.jpg

Last edited:
Sport Fairing vs. Superbike Fairing

Thanks for the pictures. I believe the fairing shown on the K75 is their "Sport Fairing"? The one I'm considering is their "Superbike Fairing", which is a bit smaller, and doesn't have the built-in turning signals.

Scout Fairing

Don't really mean to highjack this thread but, as long as we are thinking about small fairings, Can anyone compare the Rifle to the Parabellum Scout fairing that would cost 1-200 bucks more. http://www.parabellum.com/ I have a k100 standard, that is a tug for an EML sidecar, with the BMW windsheild that is not enough but making it a RT or RS is out of the question.

Parabellum Scout

I was considering the Parabellum "Scout" myself at one point. When I called them up, they told me that the latest fairing molds were for the newer K75 (post 1990?). They were concerned that the fairing might not fit my bike (something about the turn signals, I believe). Not sure how the K100 might be affected, but it might depend on the year of the bike...

however you decide, just be aware that fairings that are not installed on the frame have a greater steering effect with crosswind.

Even the old airhead "S" faring was frame mounted.

Not sure how the Rifle installs but if it moves when you turn the handlebars, I'd vote no. No one needs wind assistance on their steering. :wow

My favorite fairing (looks & performance) is the BMW RS found on the airhead models.
Makes a great install on the K75 models. All the benefits of the K series with the bonus of the RS fairing. Bonus as a conversation starter when you're around other beemer riders :clap

YMMV :D

That aside the Rifle looks pretty good on a K75
120979992-M.jpg

I'm curious about that rack/backrest. Where did you find that?

Thanks,
Eric

That backrest is part of the aftermarket luggage rack. I have the exact same thing on my K, but the sticker is worn off. I am sure someone recognizes the brand name of them. When I had Russell Saddles redo my seat last year, I sent in the backrest along with the seat and they put a new pad on it.

That backrest is part of the aftermarket luggage rack. I have the exact same thing on my K, but the sticker is worn off. I am sure someone recognizes the brand name of them. When I had Russell Saddles redo my seat last year, I sent in the backrest along with the seat and they put a new pad on it.

not my bike but it looks like a Reynolds set up. If so, I don't think that they're still in business.

Regarding the airhead RS fairing, the Beemer Boneyard website features a very trick K75 fitted with the RS fairing:

yhst-15102260216258_1930_143861891

As for the backrest in the Rifle picture, it is part of a Reynolds rear rack set up. I recently bought the same model in the used market, but don't have it installed yet. The rack is no longer being made, but is a really nice one to have. You should be able to scout around and find one used. I found mine on IBMWR.org about a month ago.

rifle fairing

I came across your thread from 01/07. Did you ever get a rifle superbike fairing for your k75? I ride a '90 k75c and have been considering getting the same fairing. Temple:german

Asleep at the Switch

Sorry - I guess I wasn't paying attention...:coffee

No, I don't have the fairing yet - but it's on order. I'll try to post some pictures when I get it installed....

Sorry - I guess I wasn't paying attention...:coffee

No, I don't have the fairing yet - but it's on order. I'll try to post some pictures when I get it installed....

I've been considering getting a fairing again, and I remembered this thread from a while ago.
Did you get the Rifle fairing? If so, how is it? What size windscreen did you get?

however you decide, just be aware that fairings that are not installed on the frame have a greater steering effect with crosswind.

Even the old airhead "S" faring was frame mounted.

Not sure how the Rifle installs but if it moves when you turn the handlebars, I'd vote no. No one needs wind assistance on their steering. :wow

Learning how to ride with a little windage is not a reason to " damn " all fairing s not attached to the frame.

Superbike Fairing is Installed

I've been considering getting a fairing again, and I remembered this thread from a while ago.
Did you get the Rifle fairing? If so, how is it? What size windscreen did you get?

Yup - I finally installed the fairing not too long ago. So far I like it. I got the 18-inch windscreen for winter riding, as well as the 15-inch for warm-weather riding (shown in the picture). No adverse handling in the wind - at least not any worse than the stock BMW windscreen that was on the bike originally. In fact, with the 15-inch screen, it handles noticeably better in the wind.

Installation was interesting, requiring a fair amount of trimming to allow the fairing to clear the turn signals (nothing like cutting into a brand new fairing...). I've never done a fairing installation before, so I don't know how "ease of installation" compares to other brands.

By the way - if you have "S" bars on your bike, it won't fit...:banghead

Attachments

• K75C.JPG
    K75C.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 223
RS Fairings (this time the K100RS)

Nate I hope you are happy with your new fairing. If anyone else is looking to add protection to their naked K100, or even to their K75, I have a complete K100RS fairing available, and when I say complete I mean down to the gauges and little brackets... just send me a PM.

The Captain

Yup - I finally installed the fairing not too long ago. So far I like it. I got the 18-inch windscreen for winter riding, as well as the 15-inch for warm-weather riding (shown in the picture). No adverse handling in the wind - at least not any worse than the stock BMW windscreen that was on the bike originally. In fact, with the 15-inch screen, it handles noticeably better in the wind.

Installation was interesting, requiring a fair amount of trimming to allow the fairing to clear the turn signals (nothing like cutting into a brand new fairing...). I've never done a fairing installation before, so I don't know how "ease of installation" compares to other brands.

By the way - if you have "S" bars on your bike, it won't fit...:banghead

It looks pretty good. I had the stock plexi fairing but, even with spacers from the web bike world site the head - buffeting was just too much so I pulled it and ride naked. Sounds like yours might be the answer. :german

Back