• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mirrors

I had an 04 RT and used the GS mirrors mounted in the existing holes near the clutch and brake reservoirs. They work great with and without the camp-gear strapped on the bike.

I do that exact thing on my 02 RT. Work great. I purchased mine used... lots of GS riders apparently like to put on K mirrors...

jfsheehan63 said:
I ride an 1150RT and need extra mirrors when the bike is loaded with camping gear. Does anyone know of mirrors like the GS's have that will mount on the handlebars of the RT?

jack@jfsconsulting.net

The hand control assemblies on your RT and the GS are identical. Thus, the GS mirrors will bolt right in the OEM mounting holes.

I had the same problem on my K1100LT - and that generation of K100 mirrors were a direct bolt in.

Yup, Paul mentioned the part I forgot, they slide right in to the existing holes on the RT controls. I highly recommend Thread Locker of your favorite type. Mine is the Blue LocTite Stick.

I use the 'long stalk' mirrors from my Harley on the R1100RT when fully loaded. You can pick up a used pair at a swap meet for < $20. Sorry, I can't find the pic I took in July for a related thread on this forum.

Sully said:
I use the 'long stalk' mirrors from my Harley on the R1100RT when fully loaded. You can pick up a used pair at a swap meet for < $20. Sorry, I can't find the pic I took in July for a related thread on this forum.

Let's see how much *** you're going to get for that here... :D :stick

:lurk

R1100RT Mirrors

The mirror mounting hole on the left side is non-threaded about 14mm in size and the right side appears t be 10mm threaded. Are the GS and R bikes like this??
Garry

The mirror mounting hole on the left side is non-threaded about 14mm in size and the right side appears t be 10mm threaded. Are the GS and R bikes like this??
Garry

I would suspect that the R1100R mirrors are the same, since it uses the RT handlebars. It's been a while since I took them off, so I don't remember exactly how they are mounted. But I do know that the left and right mirror are completely different.

Back