• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

24th Annual Battle of the Brits - Sterling Heights, MI

DougGrosjean

Hi all,

Went to a neat motorcycle show this past Sunday, right here in Michigan: "24th Annual Battle of the Brits."

Here's the URL:
http://www.metrotriumphriders.com/Po..._BOB_Flyer.pdf

Unique situation - it's a Brittish car and bike show, held in a BIG city park in Sterling Heights (one of the nicer Detroit 'burbs), but the bike guys let other brands in as well - though the other brands naturally have their own classes and awards. Cars and bikes are segregated from each other, so you have to walk through the cars to get to the bikes. Minis, Triumphs, MGs, Jags, and several brands I didn't know or recognize. Some pretty neat stuff if you're into neat little Brittish cars.

Anyway, I borrowed my son's digital and snapped off a few bike shots for those interested: Supercharged Triumph twin dragster, Vincent Black Shadow, Ariel Square Four, Vetter Hurricane, Bultaco, some Harleys (including a running belt-drive single).

Forgive my first attempt at digital photography, but if you'd like to see
the photos, they're here:
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...le of the Brits - 2006/?sc=6

No deep thoughts, just a neat show with lots of cool things to see.

Oh, and my favorite T-shirt that I didn't buy:
"BSA - Turning ordinary men into excellent mechanics."

Hell, I shoulda bought it...

They had a BMW area / class, with a nice collection of BMWs, but they were such a minority and relatively modern that they didn't have the impact on me that the Brittish iron did. OTOH, the R11gs with sidecar was very cool... and several R90s models, too. Both orange and grey.

Enjoy!

Best,
Doug Grosjean
NW OH / SE MI

Hi Doug,

:dunno

Can you try reposting the link for your photos? The one you've posted is no good (it looks like it came from a search engine). I'd love to see the pictures.

Back