• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

what time is it?

RIDE4YOU

the time seems to be very different on the board clock compared to mine. is it German mountain time? or BMW time.thanks wayne schutts a damn yankee in the south.

In the User CP, you have a place to select your time zone.

That should get you squared away.

Greenwich Mean Time. Greenwich, UK is the location of the 0 degree longitude and most international time zones are expressed as a measurement of plus or minus GMT.

There ya go, more than you probably wanted to know.

:)

dave

What time to you want it to be?

Bath time?

Bed time?

Meal time?

or, Party time ...? :brow

If you are using a computer running any version of XP, you can right click on the clock and choose "Internet Time," and Bill Gates will automatically update your clock. I guess this means he is now in competition with Greenwich ...

XP and Bill Gates notwithstanding, there are several aftermarket programs available that will automatically check and reset the cpu clock. The one I like best is called "SocketWatch" -- an older, Shareware program that runs on pre-XP systems. I had it on my (ME) desktop before I upgraded to XP. It loaded and updated automatically with each boot of the computer.

"Atomtime," is another, and it does the time sync ritual against the atomic clock in Boulder, CO, as I recall. For some unknown reason, Socketwatch did not work properly on my old Gateway laptop (W98, 2nd Ed.), so I went with Atomtime. It does not update automatically, but does the trick upon command.

Post a heads up when it is meal or party time, and maybe some of us can come over and help you with your time management ... ;)

Back