• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K100 Euro bars

Not sure what you mean by "Euro" bars, but the K100RS bar, shown in the diagram with heated grips, is 32 71 2 307-608

KBasa said:
Not sure what you mean by "Euro" bars, but the K100RS bar, shown in the diagram with heated grips, is 32 71 2 307-608
The K100 "Euro" bar is from the plain K100 that wasn't, that I know of, sold in the U.S. - thus the tag, "Euro".

It would be the K100 Standard bar for Europe I beleive. Drilled & notched for heated grips & weights.
The idea being, to make the seating position on my K1100RS a little more upright.

Thanks

In that case, I have a diagram for a standard K100 that shows the following:

32 71 2 300 085

Under the Supplement field it contains an SW. If the bike has heated grips, the supplement field contains the value x519.

Not sure how that works, but your local BMW dealer can probably answer it.

Dave -
Thanks for the part #, the bars came in today look like they will work out fine.
It looks like they have just enough of a rise & they are drilled for heated grips.
It also appears I'll have to switch out the bar end weights. The current bars have an end that is threaded & cut away where weights are held in to the end by a bolt. The new bars are hollow at the ends with half the bar cut away about a 1/2 inch back.
Any ideas for weights?

Hmmm. The diagram I've got shows a few pieces to get a bar end weight on.

First up is a "sleeve" that fits inside the end of the bar. I'm not sure how it attaches to the inside of the bar, but it appears to be made to allow the heated grip wires to pass through. 61 31 2 300 084.

There are two "balance weights" 61 31 2 300 082 and two screws to hold them on - 32 71 2 307 608.

You might want to check with your dealer about these. I've never seen them in real life, not having owned a K100, but chances are good they have.

If you want, I can take a screenshot and show you the diagram and the parts list.

PM me with your email address if you want a look at it.

dave

The bars went on last night. It took about 3 hrs. No problems where I expected them, cables, brakeline, switch pad. They all work fine with the new bars, no need for replacements or to cut the switch pad.
But, something I didn't expect was the bar end weight situation.
The ends of the bars are different, so my old weights can't be applied. I'll start with getting the sleeves for the new bars & see if I can then apply the old weights.( thanks for the diagram & part #'s Dave). Or, I may just get a generic pair of bar end weights & try that.
Either way, the main task is complete, the bars are about 2" higher and back a little bit. The riding position seems good but it is raining here & it looks like I won't be able to give it a test ride until next week. Hmmm, maybe take a 1/2 day off & head up on the Blue ridge Parkway? That sounds like a good test ride.

FYI - I added the Euro K100 bar to both my K75S and K1100RS by both times ordering the whole Euro K100 Heated Grip Kit (61312300380) - it comes with everything needed, including the new barend weights and anchors. Not sure if it is still available though.

7.png

Heated Grip Kit NLA

Ted, thanks for your help a few months ago when I was adding heated grips to my K75S. I searched several major BMW dealers, and not a single one had a dusty EURO K100 heated grip kit in stock. They have been NLA for years.

I went with my stock K75S bars and a K100RS heated grip kit and K100RS bar end weights. The dealer installed it all (Morton's BMW) and when Ipicked up the bike they told me that the RS end weights were hard to install because the inner diameter of the K75S bar was different. They"made it work" very nicely though, so I'd suggest asking the service department, specifically "Stuart", what it took to get the bar end weights to work. Morton's is in central Virginia.

Cheers, Tom

PS: My heated grips have also obviously been on the shelf for a while, they say "W Germany."

Back