• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Voigt Moto Technik Bar Back

fuego

Hi all,

I just received my Bar Back from Voigt Moto Technik for my K75S.

The packaging is really upscale and give a very luxurious feel.

The craftmanship is superb and comes with a European certification that yields confidence in the product.

And they even include a small pack of gummies !

The new driving posture is ideal for me. The Bar Back is 30 mm higher and 21 mm closer. I have the standard K75S Bar from a later K75S (1 inch larger than mine, my bike is a 1987). I'm 5'10'' and my inseam is 32''.

Price is reasonable at 71 Euros all in. I'm in Canada.

So happy !

Ignace

Attachments

• 20230130_213208.jpg
    20230130_213208.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20230130_212219.jpg
    20230130_212219.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 65
Hi,

No they don't have the tapped hole for the impact cover.

I already have an Idea for the aluminium bracket that I will make for this.

I will also need a longer brake hose since I'm putting a longer bar from a more recent K75 and bar back. My bike is a non ABS one.

No they don't have the tapped hole for the impact cover.

That’s too bad. The ones from A&S BMW have them.

I will also need a longer brake hose since I'm putting a longer bar from a more recent K75 and bar back. My bike is a non ABS one.

Now would be a good time to replace it with a stainless (teflon lined) brake line. I’ve found that about 14” allows for varied routing without having to be as concerned with all the offset angles on the ends.

:dance:dance:dance

Thanks Lee !

Should have asked about the other brands of Bar back !

Alas I didn't !

Thanks for the info on the brake Line, mine is really too short, even the one from the more recent bike is too short.

I've also bought a laminar lip to take care of the turbulences around the helmet.

I will also put some new grease in the steering damper, the correct one recommended on this forum, Dow Corning 976v.

And greasse the Clutch splines with the correct grease. Last year I used the white stuff from Castrol. It lasted 5000 miles. I know there is a lot of info on this, but I will go with Loctite Molly Paste which have 65 % Molybden.

All little fine tuning after last year frame off restoration. I had a great sumner of riding the K75S !

And now, juste a little fun in the winter !

Take care,

Ignace

Back