• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

No more MOA new bike purchase rebates

motodan

I missed that announcement. Was informed by dealer today. What happened, we members reverted back to an already captured market?

Last edited:
I'm going to miss the discount. Note, if you're still employed and at a big firm, it's possible you have a discount through work. My last job was a BMW supplier (there are thousands) and my MOA discount was the same as my professional one and they could not be combined. BMW also continues to offer discounts to first responders / military.

Very sad to see it go. I bought 5 motorcycles with it saving me $2500 in total just for being an MOA member.

Note, if you're still employed and at a big firm, it's possible you have a discount through work. My last job was a BMW supplier (there are thousands) and my MOA discount was the same as my professional one and they could not be combined..

Never heard of that option. Does BMW provide a list of companies or does the employer inform the employee of the discount?

Maybe with the complicated world of finances and interest rates discounts have been taken “global”?

Some pretty good (motorcycle) discounts here-

https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/offers/limited-time-offers/pre-season-retail-offer.html

Really makes more sense in today’s market.

What is Royal Enfield offering for discounts these days?

OM

Not sure, but their 650 starts at less than half of BMW’s 750 MSRP (it’s not less than 1/2 of what BMW shows as base price, but less than half of what you can actually find on dealers’ floor).

Never heard of that option. Does BMW provide a list of companies or does the employer inform the employee of the discount?

Normally employers will tell employees about these discounts, although it's not always super well advertised. The dealerships in my experiences haven't asked about them but know what they are when I tell them that I have one of those discounts.

I've not gotten a discount through my employer on a BMW motorcycle, but I have on the past two new 4-wheeled vehicles we bought (in our case both FCA/Stelantis products).

You can call up a BMW dealer who can search the list. Seems like the list is available to any dealer. Many big tech companies are in there and if you work in automotive as a supplier (think Denso, Bosch, Harman, Mahle, NVIDIA, Conti, Michelin, 3M, etc etc), you probably have a discount with almost every auto maker. I had discounts when working at Apple and TomTom. Now that I'm in finance, those don't exist for me.

I found this - https://di-uploads-development.dealerinspire.com/cainbmw/uploads/2017/11/BMWCorporatePartners.pdf List is old but Auto/Moto lists are likely identical since they're the same company. My discount officially was with BMW/Mini but worked on bikes, too. My 3 previous employers are on that list so chances are that's the best source I can give.

Maybe with the complicated world of finances and interest rates discounts have been taken “global”?

Some pretty good (motorcycle) discounts here-

https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/offers/limited-time-offers/pre-season-retail-offer.html

Really makes more sense in today’s market.

What is Royal Enfield offering for discounts these days?

OM

And it appears the BMWCCA still has their rebate program. The MOA is back to 5 years or so ago when we didn’t get a rebate but CCA did. Wonder what we did to upset the mothership…ask for service manuals? No we wouldn’t do that, it might upset them. Oh well.

And it appears the BMWCCA still has their rebate program. The MOA is back to 5 years or so ago when we didn’t get a rebate but CCA did. Wonder what we did to upset the mothership…ask for service manuals? No we wouldn’t do that, it might upset them. Oh well.

“BMW, the motorcycle company owners love :heart to hate”.

OM

Doesn’t everyone know that the way to buy a BMW motorrad is to find some old dude selling a 1-year-old bike, lavished with accessories and sporting about 3,000 miles?

Typically $5,000 off, no less!

Doesn’t everyone know that the way to buy a BMW motorrad is to find some old dude selling a 1-year-old bike, lavished with accessories and sporting about 3,000 miles?

True, our typical approach :lol
It does have to be an old dude!

Close to 40 years of owning BMWs, and I've only bought one brand-new one!

You can call up a BMW dealer who can search the list. Seems like the list is available to any dealer. Many big tech companies are in there and if you work in automotive as a supplier (think Denso, Bosch, Harman, Mahle, NVIDIA, Conti, Michelin, 3M, etc etc), you probably have a discount with almost every auto maker. I had discounts when working at Apple and TomTom. Now that I'm in finance, those don't exist for me.

I found this - https://di-uploads-development.dealerinspire.com/cainbmw/uploads/2017/11/BMWCorporatePartners.pdf List is old but Auto/Moto lists are likely identical since they're the same company. My discount officially was with BMW/Mini but worked on bikes, too. My 3 previous employers are on that list so chances are that's the best source I can give.

Thanks for the info. We're out because we're retired but I figured others would want the information.
We used the MOA discount on 4 bikes, maybe more. I don't remember if MOA had the discount program when we bought our 2011 bikes.

Thanks for the info. We're out because we're retired but I figured others would want the information.
We used the MOA discount on 4 bikes, maybe more. I don't remember if MOA had the discount program when we bought our 2011 bikes.

I got the discount when I bought my 2009KGT

I got the discount when I bought my 2009KGT

Didn't think MOA had a Rebate connection until sometime within last few years. Prior to that most bike purchase rebates were through BMW with no credit for being an MOA member. Ted Moyer did quite a bit to get the MOA rebate in place. I used the military rebate this time around. Glad the Germans don't hold WW2 against us...at least not our military/vets.

Look for an R1250R outfitted like a /5 would have been and start negotiating. :ha

Also, I'm probably going to buy a new bike for the first time in 17 years. No discount last time and it looks like no discount this time either. :bluduh

I'm some old dude, but I bought a 2-yo bike with 2k miles on it...and couldn't be happier. :dance
You'll have to pry the grips out of my cold dead hands. LoL

Back