• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How did you mount a Zumo XT on the F700GS

gn4hir

Anyone have pictures of how they mounted up a Zumo XT on the 16 F700GS? Did you just clamp it to the handlebar with the Ram style mount or did you find a better way. I'm not sure of a method to mount it above the instruments.

Right now I'm just mounting my phone for navigation but if I can find a deal on the Zumo I might loosen my wallet enough to spring for it. Anyone know of a place to save a few $$$ on a Zumo?

I did order a bracket for my 03 R1150RT but haven't found a similar mount for the F700.

Anyone know what parts are needed to replace that bridge between the bar mounts with ordinary clamps so I can use that bar space in between?

F700GS2.jpg

Last edited:
How much for bar clamps... really??

Ok, I answered one of my own questions, the bar clamps BMW Part 31427715490, item 2 in the schematic, are a mere $70.85 each from BMW (insert sarcasm). I may 'modify' my bridge with the trusty hacksaw blade as $140+ for two clamps is a bit pricey.

Bar Clamp.png

Check eBay for the clamps for a F650Gs twin. You should be able to get them for much less. If you go that route feel free to PM me and I will describe how I mounted a GPS there with some fabrication.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Anyone have pictures of how they mounted up a Zumo XT on the 16 F700GS? Did you just clamp it to the handlebar with the Ram style mount or did you find a better way. I'm not sure of a method to mount it above the instruments.

Right now I'm just mounting my phone for navigation but if I can find a deal on the Zumo I might loosen my wallet enough to spring for it. Anyone know of a place to save a few $$$ on a Zumo?

I did order a bracket for my 03 R1150RT but haven't found a similar mount for the F700.

Anyone know what parts are needed to replace that bridge between the bar mounts with ordinary clamps so I can use that bar space in between?

View attachment 90900

https://www.motoboxer.eu/produit/gps-bracket-frame-bmw-f700-f800-gs/

I founf the one linked above in France. It fits my F700GS, and puts the Zumo above the instrument cluster

How much disassembly?

Thanks for the link Jim. Was much disassembly required to mount that bracket?

I removed the windscreen to get better access. The instrument cluster is held in by a few circular clips. After you disconnect the wires, the cluster can lift out. The mounting plate fits perfectly on the back of the cluster. There are no mounting instructions included, by the way. There is a piece that stabilizes the bracket, and you will need to fiddle with it a bit, but it also fits perfectly. Reassembling it is pretty easy.

I also found a little mounting block on Ebay that fits onto the round crossbar on the bracket, and the Zumo attaches to that. If you want the Zumo to be powered only when the key is on, you will also need a”repair plug” for the wiring. It’s about $20.

https://www.shopbmwmotorcycle.com/products/bmw-motorcycles-can-bus-gps-gadget-power-pigtail

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, yes very useful and the link to 3 pin connector for accessory hookup led me to learn all about access to switched power for low power accessories.

Back