• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from Georgia

jsdygert

Howdy all,
It only took 34 years and some minor “discussions” with the missus, but I finally purchased my first BMW bike. It’s not the 1988 R100GS that inspired me all those years ago, but I think she’ll do =)

1E44427B-D88B-4897-A8E1-EFF42E22DB7C.jpg

Jeff
‘23 1250GSA Triple Black
Evans, GA

Willkommen Jeff!

You’ll certainly need to get your kicks up at 2 Wheels of Suches, GA [ N34° 41.284' W84° 01.362’ ] :thumb

Hope your newest Motorrad M/C scratches that itch from oh so many years ago.

Cheers from the AlaBeemers next door [who get over yonder now & then]... :beer

Keep the rubber side down on that behemoth!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

Welcome… the best riding for you is due north, up past Greenville/Spartanburg. See US178 & 276, NC215, 281, 107, 28… and endless local roads.

Did you buy your bike from a dealer? If so, which one?

The BMW MC Owners of Georgia club has a hard time getting out your way, but they’re worth a look. The Appalachian Riders group on Facebook is a good place to meet people.

Ian

Willkommen Jeff!

You’ll certainly need to get your kicks up at 2 Wheels of Suches, GA [ N34° 41.284' W84° 01.362’ ] :thumb

Hope your newest Motorrad M/C scratches that itch from oh so many years ago.

Cheers from the AlaBeemers next door [who get over yonder now & then]... :beer

Keep the rubber side down on that behemoth!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

Thanks for the tip about Suches. I love that area of Georgia and I’m looking forward to rides in that area. Fortunately, everywhere is new to me on two wheels so plenty of adventures to be had. Also, as a fellow USN retiree with a son at USNA, all I can say is Go Navy, Beat Army!

Welcome… the best riding for you is due north, up past Greenville/Spartanburg. See US178 & 276, NC215, 281, 107, 28… and endless local roads.

Did you buy your bike from a dealer? If so, which one?

The BMW MC Owners of Georgia club has a hard time getting out your way, but they’re worth a look. The Appalachian Riders group on Facebook is a good place to meet people.

Ian

Howdy Ian,
I purchased the bike from Wooly’s in Marietta. I plan on only doing servicing on Saturdays over there since the traffic around Atlanta is evil lol. I did put a request in to join the BMW MOA of Georgia club, and will ride wherever I’m welcome for some fun rides and comraderie. Riding up to Greer/Spartanburg tomorrow, so we’ll see how the country roads are for a couple hours travel there and back.

Cheers!
Jeff

It was great meeting you.

Jeff,
Thank you so much for making the trip to the Open Session Board meeting. It was very nice to meet you. Ride safe, have fun, we will meet again sir.

Welcome

Jeff,

Welcome!
Good to see you at the MOA Board meeting. I'm from GA as well -- Athens.

That's a beautiful bike. Quite capable as well! Good choice.

dp

Back