• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Classified Ads

Hello to all, just a comment as i wonder why our members advertise merchandise on our Website for Sale. Then when one contacts them they never reply, either by phone, text, or email. Or leave it on the website for days, weeks, or months after it's sold. I know, no one knows the answer but nevertheless kind of frustrating. As the classifieds are a great benefit of our club.

Phoenix,

I have had nothing but excellent results buying things off our Marketplace. Have probably made a dozen purchases. How old were the listings that you had issues with? How many times did you attempt to make contact? How many different listings were troublesome? :dunno

:dance:dance:dance

Positive

The MOA market place is one of the best on the website for members replying as far as I have experienced.

I just bought something last week, the seller got in touch right away and LOL, we had a great conversation on the phone talking about motorcycling. St.

As a recent seller of some stuff I had a GREAT experience. I put my phone AND email on the ads. I also left the ad up for a while after the sale (edited as either "sold" or "sale pending") till all the dust settled! As I also used the site to get an idea of prices, I felt leaving a sold item up might let others know a price that was successful!

I sold my BMW but had to renew my MOA to stay current and list...my experience selling was SO positive that I almost posted in the "do you have a nice story to share" thread, was glad I renewed my membership, and look forward to hanging out here. Plenty of gear and riding info from a great group of guys (yeah yeah...and gals)

As a recent seller of some stuff I had a GREAT experience. I put my phone AND email on the ads. I also left the ad up for a while after the sale (edited as either "sold" or "sale pending") till all the dust settled! As I also used the site to get an idea of prices, I felt leaving a sold item up might let others know a price that was successful!

I sold my BMW but had to renew my MOA to stay current and list...my experience selling was SO positive that I almost posted in the "do you have a nice story to share" thread, was glad I renewed my membership, and look forward to hanging out here. Plenty of gear and riding info from a great group of guys (yeah yeah...and gals)

:)

Over the years I have had excellent communication with sellers on our flea market. The odd one has refused to ship to a Canada but I have gotten around that by using a mailbox address in Michigan. During COVID, I had things mailed to a buddy’s address in Ohio, who I intend to visit this summer to pickup the items which accumulated over the past two years.

For what it’s worth, I’ve bought parts from our Marketplace and have found the Sellers to be wonderful to deal with. They’ve all had great communication and I would say that they went out of their way to be extra accommodating when they didn’t have to. Hands down, I’d much rather buy from an MOA member on the Marketplace than anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with most of the comment's here, since I've been a MOA member, thinking i joined in 2005. Turns out we the MOA had a scammer a couple of years ago if i recall the timeline correctly. Only recently have i contacted a member by phone i'd say 5 or 6 calls and left messages, with no reply, that i was interested in his motorcycle. Have sent him an email thru the MOA, as well. Not the end of the world if he doesn't reply. Otherwise I've bought and sold on this website several times over the last 17 years. Doesn't mean I'm going to drop my membership, just because someone didn't respond.

There are many possibilities including family emergencies, hospitalization (or worse), an extended vacation, or off riding in Alaska or the Alps, that could easily explain the lack of response.:dunno

:dance:dance:dance

Back