• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Covid and Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaccinations and boosters reduce the severity of COVID infections. I had all of those and got COVID. I tested positive with an at-home test. I had a sore throat and some minor coughing. I did not run a fever. I don't feel victimized - the shots kept me out of the hospital, out of the intensive care unit, and off a ventilator. Not bad for shots that were free.

+1…a good MC analogy is the ATGATT philosophy that so many of us ride with. It’s not a guarantee that you will walk away unscathed, but will (likely) lessen the effects of an unfortunate encounter.

When disinformation reaches this point perhaps it’s time to lock the thread

Pete

I only wanted to know if others tested positive for Covid after the Rally, of course many places other than the Rally could have been the cause location. My Covid lasted about a week with mostly sore throat, I had both shots and both boosters.

Suspicions on Monday after the rally, sore throat on Tuesday, sick all week after the Rally - positive for COVID. Vaxxed & boosted, so I got to spend my infectious time and recovery at home, comfortable in my own bed rather than getting poked & prodded in a hospital.

Not really a huge surprise given the variant that's going around and the sheer number of people I was in contact with throughout the week.

Suspicions on Monday after the rally, sore throat on Tuesday, sick all week after the Rally - positive for COVID. Vaxxed & boosted, so I got to spend my infectious time and recovery at home, comfortable in my own bed rather than getting poked & prodded in a hospital.

Not really a huge surprise given the variant that's going around and the sheer number of people I was in contact with throughout the week.

As a data point only, I spoke to you in person in the big hall and maybe we shook hands. I did not get sick.
Hope you're all recovered now.

The number of people you encounter and lack of air circulation are directly related to your odds of getting a respiratory infection.

+1…a good MC analogy is the ATGATT philosophy that so many of us ride with. It’s not a guarantee that you will walk away unscathed, but will (likely) lessen the effects of an unfortunate encounter.

Perhaps a good analogy if a tiny percentage of the population were so allergic to helmets or armor that it might kill or permanently injure them by wearing them, and you had no way of knowing the result beforehand.
I take issue with people flippantly telling people that their "virtually zero" risk is something that they must flat out ignore to be a part of society.

Last edited:
I trust a good helmet over a hardly working vaccine any time. That's all I am going to post about this.:brow

Vaccinations and boosters reduce the severity of COVID infections. I had all of those and got COVID. I tested positive with an at-home test. I had a sore throat and some minor coughing. I did not run a fever. I don't feel victimized - the shots kept me out of the hospital, out of the intensive care unit, and off a ventilator. Not bad for shots that were free.

Speculation on your part.

I was at the Rally every day from Wednesday. I spent a lot of time around people, attended seminars, volunteered for 2 shifts at the volunteer table and 1 shift at Registration on Thursday and talked to maybe 250-400 people in the registration line on Wednesday about volunteering. I talked to a lot of people, I didn't get it. It really is a crap shoot as to how one gets it unless they know for sure they were in contact with someone they know is positive. You both must've been vacced as it doesn't sound like you got too sick, thankfully.

I took my nightly medication:

View attachment 88497

I had a very similar experience and like you made sure I took a similar nightly medication. That along with my booster seemed to do the trick!

My rally experience, loads of social time with people, mostly outside chatting. No issues after the rally or since with any flu like symptoms. To date, I have yet to test positive OR get a cold that would lead me to believe I had caught it. Feeling quite lucky since friends I know have had lasting effects that I have no interest in getting.

I would have to see actual proof of this statement.

You won't see any actual proof of that statement. CDC says that less than 0.0001% of the people who have been fully vaccinated have died from Covid. The "millions of deaths from the vaccine" comes from a widely discredited website report and the unverified statement was put forth by the 2 discredited Dr's who were prescribing hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 even though health authorities cautioned against it. Their report itself states that it contains much unverified data, and may not be reliable (ya think?). Politifact,, a fact-finding arm of the Poynter Institute, labels this "report" as "Pants on Fire", a rating they reserve for only the craziest false statements.

You won't see any actual proof of that statement. CDC says that less than 0.0001% of the people who have been fully vaccinated have died from Covid. The "millions of deaths from the vaccine" comes from a widely discredited website report and the unverified statement was put forth by the 2 discredited Dr's who were prescribing hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 even though health authorities cautioned against it. Their report itself states that it contains much unverified data, and may not be reliable (ya think?). Politifact,, a fact-finding arm of the Poynter Institute, labels this "report" as "Pants on Fire", a rating they reserve for only the craziest false statements.

:heh:ha

Thank you, but I do know these things. My question was for the OP to provide his "proof", which I'm still waiting for.

Thank you, but I do know these things. My question was for the OP to provide his "proof", which I'm still waiting for.

If the forum members would like to give the Moderators a break, we could skip this.
TIA.
The Moderator Team.

Why should we start now? LOL

:ha

not-this-stuff-again.jpg

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back