• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vinyl Wrap - 2018 RTW - Video

onlyrt4me

Hey everyone, thought I would share the most recent vinyl wrap on my wethead. Haven't seen a video like this around so just posting in case anyone is interested in watching. Hope everyone is doing well and just enjoying life in these crazy times. Cheers :beer

A very nice job on some complex curves!

When you apply the cut tape the second time, are following the exact same line or is there some vinyl overlap?

A very nice job on some complex curves!

When you apply the cut tape the second time, are following the exact same line or is there some vinyl overlap?

Thank you very much Larry. There is about 2-3mm of overlap that I leave. I only use the cutting tape on body lines and sharp angles so you cant see the seem. The cutting tape itself has a film liner around the filament that is about 1-2mm on each side. I usually just follow that line for straight precision cuts. It makes it easy to follow. The panels on this bike are fairly hard to wrap. There is a few areas that I had to use inlays to prevent overstretching the film.

Here is the wrap I had on it prior. I did a Blue/Purple ColorShift that was really pretty also. Ran this one for about 8 months then then got itchy for a new color.

Bertha 1.jpg

Back