• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F850 GSA - options for new (and slightly lower) seat?

klarue

Hi folks - I just "traded up" from a 2009 F800GS to a 2019 F850GS Adventure. The earlier seat was basically a plank that took years to break in - ha! The Rallye seat that come on the F850 really pushes me forward AND is about an inch too high.

My riding here in SoCal is mostly street, but also 10% dirt roads once we get east of San Diego. I definitely want to be able to easily slide my butt on the seat when off-road (for those times I'm not standing). Can any of you more knowledgeable riders point me in the right direction to explore options? I have zero experience and not a lot of $$ to just buy and return.

I was thinking of Seat Concepts which claims to lower the resulting seat by an inch, but also wonder if anyone has experience with the Touratech or Wunderlich AKTIVKOMFORT seats? Thanks! Kevin

New Seat

Hi Kevin,

I have experience with the rallye seat from seat concepts on a R1200 GS. Very well made and they hold up to a lot of use while also (in my mind) providing more comfort than the stock BMW seat. I'm looking for a rallye height seat for my 850 GSA and they are tough to come by. I'm considering a Sargent Seat and I think they make a lower seat for th bike as well.

Best of luck,

Gregg

I have experience with the rallye seat from seat concepts on a R1200 GS. Very well made and they hold up to a lot of use while also (in my mind) providing more comfort than the stock BMW seat. I'm looking for a rallye height seat for my 850 GSA and they are tough to come by. I'm considering a Sargent Seat and I think they make a lower seat for th bike as well.

Hi Gregg - thanks for the note. I called Seat Concepts and they have a 10 week lead time (!). Touratech is happy to take my $800 for their seat. Then, I thought about just getting the OEM BMW lowered seat. Based on conversations with my local dealer, that should lower the seat height around 1.5".

Do you or anyone else have experience with the lowered OEM seat? Does it still permit good side to side mobility to shift weight for dirt-road riding? Thanks! Kevin

I'm looking for a rallye height seat for my 850 GSA and they are tough to come by.

Do you have a stock OEM seat on your F850GS Adventure right now? Cuz I'll have a Rallye seat to get rid of when I get another seat... just sayin' :)

Also, it looks like you live in San Diego too - I'm in Rancho Peñasquitos near the intersection of hwy 15 & 56. Maybe catch up w/ you sometime?

Back