• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

r100rt oil pressure.

outboard1

Oil pressure light stays on. I am the new owner, Previous owner has alziemers, family sold bike to me for basically peanuts. Bikes seems to run fine no noises stays cool is there a way to test sender?
IMG_20210718_190315113.jpgIMG_20210718_190315113.jpgIMG_20210718_190315113.jpgIMG_20210718_190315113.jpg

Just want to be sure that you really are looking at the oil pressure light. It can be confusing and a mix up of the lights does happen. It should be a yellow light and the second from the top. Is that the light that is lit?

oil pressure light stays on oil flowing

yes, you are right. it is the Alternator. THAT can be fixed. Will be testing that. My last Beemer was a GS1200GSA 2007. This one basically showed up on my doorstep from a person's family, he has alzheismer's. my mother passed from it as well as my grandmother and 2 aunts.

So, it's not oil pressure but it charging...good to know! The red light for the alternator will usually be on when the bike is idling...should go out by 1500 RPM. As part of your checks, you should use a good voltmeter and measure what voltages are at the battery terminals. Once you get above around 3000 RPM, the voltage at the battery should be pretty close to 14v if not above...even 13.7v would be marginally OK. If you're not getting good voltage at the battery, then things need to be tracked down.

Back